Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

The Clem Conical Pump Engine

1. Nov 14, 2006 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 14, 2006 #2

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Looks like a load of bobbins to me. No engine will produce work without putting energy in.

4. Nov 14, 2006 #3

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

Two words...."over unity."

5. Nov 14, 2006 #4

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh hang on, the second link seems to show a car powered by vegetable oil. That's a far cry from the "over unity" cobblers perpertated by the first link, or did I just see various crackpot soundbites and close it down too quickly?

"I don't put any fuel in, just this vegetable oil every now and then". Idiot, that might be why you don't need to put any gasoline in. You don't need to put gasoline in a Diesel car either, what am I missing? I could put 8 gallons of vegetable oil into an engine and get it to run for 9 days, but that has nothing to do with over-unity or an engine which doesn't need fuel.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2006
  6. Nov 14, 2006 #5

Danger

Gold Member

There's no way that I'm going to waste time going through that whole link. From what I did read, a few pages, it's a total crock. The nearest thing to reality in there is the tip-jet function, which is used in some helicopters. That entirely relies upon a supply of high-pressure gas or fluid, which energy is required to produce, and was in fact invented in ancient Greece.

7. Dec 17, 2006 #6
    "tip-jet function","invented in ancient Greece"
    Hero's steam engine?

8. Dec 17, 2006 #7

Danger

Gold Member

That's the one.

9. Dec 17, 2006 #8

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Uh, no. It's a scam. The diagram 2/3 of the way down on the first link shows a device that does absolutely nothing. It's a turbine spun by a pump - and when you shut off the pump, the tubine stops spinning.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?