• Poll closed .
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
What is the real answer to the mystery?

Richards' risky Fiji business

Published May 1, 2006

Rolling Stones fans gathered outside a New Zealand hospital Sunday where Keith Richards is being treated for a mild concussion amid conflicting reports about how the guitarist was injured last week.

Initial reports had Richards falling out of a palm tree while on vacation in Fiji. Now, a newspaper has reported that the rocker got on a Jet Ski after the fall and had another accident...
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0605010196may01,1,5656742.story?coll=chi-newsnationworld-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Inquiring minds want to know - "Why was he climbing a palm tree?" :rofl:

Why is it such news that a celebrity fell out of a tree? :rolleyes:

He did so many drugs in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's(?), and he was probably on drugs (or at least alcohol, which is a drug anyway) when he climbed the tree.

Curious3141
Homework Helper
This should answer the age old philosophical question :

"If a celebrity fell out of a tree in the forest and nobody was there to witness it, does it still make news ?" :biggrin:

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I've never heard of this band before. What was it? "Rolling of the Stones"? When were they popular? Did they have a hit song?

Curious3141
Homework Helper
Chi Meson said:
I've never heard of this band before. What was it? "Rolling of the Stones"? When were they popular? Did they have a hit song?
Just "The Rolling Stones". True to their name, they rolled joints and got stoned. They also had a few hits, but that's only because the entire music audience were stoned too.

Now, Led Zep, there's a band worth its salt.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Where's the "who gives a rat's behind" option?

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
That's somewhat implicit to the spirit of the thread. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
That's somewhat implicit to the spirit of the thread. :biggrin:
Lol. I lauged out loud when I heard this. I saw them perform in Melbourne on the 13th of April. Mick was doing most of the talking, then when he introduced the band he gave the mike to Keith. Keith stared wide eyed into the audience for a few seconds, started to say something, then burst out laughing so much he couldn't string two words together. He was obviously either sky high or piss drunk. But nonetheless, he sang perfectly, and never missed a beat through the whole show.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Kazza_765 said:
Lol. I lauged out loud when I heard this. I saw them perform in Melbourne on the 13th of April. Mick was doing most of the talking, then when he introduced the band he gave the mike to Keith. Keith stared wide eyed into the audience for a few seconds, started to say something, then burst out laughing so much he couldn't string two words together. He was obviously either sky high or piss drunk. But nonetheless, he sang perfectly, and never missed a beat through the whole show.
I was more :rolleyes:

I suppose that the few functioning neurons Keith has left are wired for the Stones's music. :rofl:

Rolling stones are legends.

I heard that he fell out of the tree and then shortly afterwards he jumped on the jet ski and crashed. Thats proper rock n roll that is.

I just don't think he could climb a tree of any kind, so I'm thinking he was standing on a log and fell off.

dav2008
Gold Member
Palm trees are hard to climb.

Drugs is resbonsible for the other two choices.

I heard that he did so many drugs (not just in the past) that he had a jetski lifted up into a palm tree and tried to see what would happen.