The Keith Richards Jet Ski Mystery: What Really Happened in Fiji?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mystery
In summary, Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards was hospitalized in New Zealand for a mild concussion amid conflicting reports about how he was injured. Initial reports said he fell out of a palm tree in Fiji, but a newspaper has since reported that he also had an accident on a Jet Ski after the fall. Fans and the media are curious about the circumstances of his fall and jokes have been made about his history of drug use. However, the band remains popular and legendary.

What really happened to Keith Richards

• He fell from a palm tree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He fell from a jet ski

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He did so many drugs in the sixties that we'll never know

Votes: 11 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
What is the real answer to the mystery?

Richards' risky Fiji business

Published May 1, 2006

Rolling Stones fans gathered outside a New Zealand hospital Sunday where Keith Richards is being treated for a mild concussion amid conflicting reports about how the guitarist was injured last week.

Initial reports had Richards falling out of a palm tree while on vacation in Fiji. Now, a newspaper has reported that the rocker got on a Jet Ski after the fall and had another accident...
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0605010196may01,1,5656742.story?coll=chi-newsnationworld-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Inquiring minds want to know - "Why was he climbing a palm tree?" :rofl:

Why is it such news that a celebrity fell out of a tree? :rolleyes:

He did so many drugs in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's(?), and he was probably on drugs (or at least alcohol, which is a drug anyway) when he climbed the tree.

This should answer the age old philosophical question :

"If a celebrity fell out of a tree in the forest and nobody was there to witness it, does it still make news ?" :biggrin:

I've never heard of this band before. What was it? "Rolling of the Stones"? When were they popular? Did they have a hit song?

Chi Meson said:
I've never heard of this band before. What was it? "Rolling of the Stones"? When were they popular? Did they have a hit song?

Just "The Rolling Stones". True to their name, they rolled joints and got stoned. They also had a few hits, but that's only because the entire music audience were stoned too.

Now, Led Zep, there's a band worth its salt.

Where's the "who gives a rat's behind" option?

That's somewhat implicit to the spirit of the thread. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
That's somewhat implicit to the spirit of the thread. :biggrin:

Lol. I lauged out loud when I heard this. I saw them perform in Melbourne on the 13th of April. Mick was doing most of the talking, then when he introduced the band he gave the mike to Keith. Keith stared wide eyed into the audience for a few seconds, started to say something, then burst out laughing so much he couldn't string two words together. He was obviously either sky high or piss drunk. But nonetheless, he sang perfectly, and never missed a beat through the whole show.

Kazza_765 said:
Lol. I lauged out loud when I heard this. I saw them perform in Melbourne on the 13th of April. Mick was doing most of the talking, then when he introduced the band he gave the mike to Keith. Keith stared wide eyed into the audience for a few seconds, started to say something, then burst out laughing so much he couldn't string two words together. He was obviously either sky high or piss drunk. But nonetheless, he sang perfectly, and never missed a beat through the whole show.
I was more :rolleyes:

I suppose that the few functioning neurons Keith has left are wired for the Stones's music. :rofl:

Rolling stones are legends.

I heard that he fell out of the tree and then shortly afterwards he jumped on the jet ski and crashed. Thats proper rock n roll that is.

I just don't think he could climb a tree of any kind, so I'm thinking he was standing on a log and fell off.

Palm trees are hard to climb.

Drugs is resbonsible for the other two choices.

I heard that he did so many drugs (not just in the past) that he had a jetski lifted up into a palm tree and tried to see what would happen.

1. Who is Keith Richards and why is he a mystery?

Keith Richards is a British musician, best known for being the guitarist and founding member of the rock band The Rolling Stones. He is considered a mystery due to his wild and unpredictable behavior, as well as his longevity and ability to defy the laws of aging.

2. What are some of the most famous myths and rumors surrounding Keith Richards?

Some of the most famous myths and rumors surrounding Keith Richards include his alleged drug use, his supposed ability to survive any and all substances, and his infamous fall from a coconut tree in Fiji which he claims gave him the power of immortality.

3. Is there any truth to the rumors that Keith Richards has a secret musical talent?

While there is no concrete evidence, there have been rumors that Keith Richards has a secret musical talent, specifically playing the piano. This has been hinted at in interviews and has led to speculation among fans.

4. How has Keith Richards' music and career influenced other musicians?

Keith Richards' unique guitar playing style and songwriting have had a huge influence on other musicians, particularly in the rock genre. Many artists have cited him as a major influence, and his contributions to music have helped shape the landscape of rock and roll.

5. What are some of the most interesting facts about Keith Richards' life and career?

Some of the most interesting facts about Keith Richards include his close friendship and musical partnership with fellow Rolling Stones member Mick Jagger, his collaboration with other famous musicians such as Chuck Berry and Tom Waits, and his love for reading and collecting books.

Back