The lesson of electric machines and drivers - transformer questions

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
mehmetemre
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
the lesson of electric machines and drivers -- transformer questions

question: the data of a single phase transformer are as following;
nominal primary voltage U1n= 230V
nominal secondary voltage U2m= 12V
line frequency f= 50 Hz
apparent power S=50 VA
loading resistor on secondary side is RL=3ohm
strayed field self induction coefficient in the simplified equivalent circuit Ls=Ls1+Ls2=0.06 H ?

winding ratio of transformer N1/N2 ?
nominal primary current I1n?
nominal secondary current I2n?
primary side transformed vaue of the loading resistor R'2?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
mehmetemre said:
question: the data of a single phase transformer are as following;
nominal primary voltage U1n= 230V
nominal secondary voltage U2m= 12V
line frequency f= 50 Hz
apparent power S=50 VA
loading resistor on secondary side is RL=3ohm
strayed field self induction coefficient in the simplified equivalent circuit Ls=Ls1+Ls2=0.06 H ?

winding ratio of transformer N1/N2 ?
nominal primary current I1n?
nominal secondary current I2n?
primary side transformed vaue of the loading resistor R'2?

Welcome to the PF.

Is this for schoolwork? What reading have you done so far about transformers. The questions you ask above are very basic, and if you have done any reading at all about transformers, you should be able to answer them yourself. :smile:
 
electric machine questions

yes this is a schoolwork and I still can't solve it, if you can solve it for me I would be appreciate,,
please help me about that because I will have an exam 2 days later in 19 june

thanks again
 
mehmetemre said:
yes this is a schoolwork and I still can't solve it, if you can solve it for me I would be appreciate,,
please help me about that because I will have an exam 2 days later in 19 june

thanks again

We do not do your schoolwork for you. Especially schoolwork that is this easy if you will just do your course reading. You can also go to wikipedia.org and search on transformers. The basic information you need is on their main transformer page.
 
Type "winding ratio" into google if your textbook doesn't explain it.