The midnight ride of Sarah Palin.

Al68
And we know he's not a Palin supporter? He doesn't really agree, does he? You saw the historically accurate account I posted.
Yes, but it's not like the account you posted was a complete history. You are aware that two stories can be different from each other and both be correct?

I must be missing something here. It's not like the account told by Palin was invented by her. Are all the sources wrong about Revere warning the British when he was captured?

I'm not a Paul Revere expert, but something very bizarre is going on here. Didn't the head of the Paul Revere society claim that Palin got it right by accident? What does that mean? That she just made up a story out of thin air that happened to be right by complete coincidence?

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo
Mentor
Yes, but it's not like the account you posted was a complete history. You are aware that two stories can be different from each other and both be correct?

I must be missing something here. It's not like the account told by Palin was invented by her. Are all the sources wrong about Revere warning the British when he was captured?

I'm not a Paul Revere expert, but something very bizarre is going on here. Didn't the head of the Paul Revere society claim that Palin got it right by accident? What does that mean? That she just made up a story out of thin air that happened to be right by complete coincidence?
The only thing Palin got right is that one of the riders was Paul Revere, but she apparently didn't know he was one of many. I don't know where you're getting of all these inaccuracies from. If you like NPR, here's supposedly the real and accurate event of that night. NPR claims that Revere asked a local pastor to light a lantern in the church steeple.

http://www.oldnorth.com/history/april18.htm

Al68
The only thing Palin got right is that one of the riders was Paul Revere, but she apparently didn't know he was one of many.
Is that a complete fabrication on your part, or is there some source to suggest that?
If you like NPR, here's supposedly the real and accurate event of that night. NPR claims that Revere asked a local pastor to light a lantern in the church steeple
Still bizarre that you think not being part of a particular accurate account makes something inaccurate, especially an account that does not even include Revere's interaction with his British captors. Was the Boston Tea Party a complete fabrication because it's not mentioned in the article you linked? You must know that's faulty logic.

Is the http://bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/view.bg?articleid=1343353" by Revere himself is a hoax?

This thread has to be near the top of the "Most Bizarre Threads of all Time" list.

Evo
Mentor
Is that a complete fabrication on your part, or is there some source to suggest that?Still bizarre that you think not being part of a particular accurate account makes something inaccurate, especially an account that does not even include Revere's interaction with his British captors. I know you know that's not valid logic.

Is the http://bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/view.bg?articleid=1343353" by Revere himself is a hoax?
LOL, did you read any of that? Please point out the matches between Palin's babble and this.

POINT them out, side by side, match each thing Palin claims and the historical match quoting the same. (I'll give you a hint, there are no matches.)

Palin: He who warned the British that they weren't going to be taking away our arms by ringing those bells

Palin: and, um, making sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells

I'll be waiting. :rolleyes:

In case you don't know what she said, this is it.

He who warned the British that they weren't going to be taking away our arms by ringing those bells and, um, making sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that, uh, we were going to be secure and we were going to be free.
You've seen the video, right?

OmCheeto
Gold Member
WDPRD?

revere.paul.aka.De.Revoire.jpg

portrait by John Singleton Copley

Born January 1st, 1735, Boston Massachusetts.
April 18th, 1775, Rode horseback warning that the British were coming.
April 19th, 1775, the minutemen started the American War of Independence on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexington_Battle_Green" [Broken].
Died May 10th, 1818, Boston Massachusetts.

Reference: Encyclopædia Britannica hardcopy. © 1990 (before the internet could mess with history.)

Al68
LOL, did you read any of that? Please point out the matches between Palin's babble and this.
LOL. I linked that account by Revere only for the reference to his capture by, and warnings to the British of American troops mobilization, not as a comprehensive backing of her entire story "quoted word for word."
You've seen the video, right?
Yep. The same one all those experts watched. Is there a different one?

Evo
Mentor
LOL. I linked that account by Revere only for the reference to his capture by, and warnings to the British of American troops mobilization, not as a comprehensive backing of her entire story "quoted word for word."Yep. The same one all those experts watched. Is there a different one?
The issue is backing up what she said. So, where is your match up of what she said? Or do you admit there is no match?

Please post one of the two, no side stepping. One of the two. We're not going to play games anymore.

Al68
So, where is your match up of what she said? Or do you admit there is no match?

Please post one of the two, no side stepping. One of the two. We're not going to play games anymore.
That's right, we're not. I will not post either. I made no claim of any such "match up", and so have no obligation to post such a match up, or admit the absence of any such match. Game over.

Evo
Mentor
That's right, we're not. I will not post either. I made no claim of any such "match up", and so have no obligation to post such a match up, or admit the absence of any such match. Game over.
Busted.

You mean she should lie and pretend that she was wrong? Even NPR now is acknowledging, after a little research, that http://www.npr.org/2011/06/06/137011636/how-accurate-were-palins-comments-on-paul-revere"

It looks like people would check their facts before calling someone an idiot for knowing something they didn't. :uhh::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Evo
Mentor
Closed pending thread cleanup.