Theory of Proportions - what is it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter genericusrnme
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Theory
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
genericusrnme
Messages
618
Reaction score
2
I've recently got back into studying maths in my own time and I've come across this (see attached image)
The middle line.. I put some numbers in there and those equalities do not hold..
I don't see why we can set everything there equal..
Could someone explain this to me or at least point me in the right direction?
I've tried googling theory of proportions but all I've managed to get was chemistry related stuff

I was having a good night of study until that came up as well :(

Thanks in advance
 
Attachments
  • wat.PNG
    wat.PNG
    16 KB · Views: 596
Physics news on Phys.org