There are no evil Bobs

no evil Bobs? are you NUTS?

ever heard of TWIN PEAKS?

Bob is one of the most nightmarish/evil/sick/scary beings in the universe!! probably one of the scariest/most evil characters in film/TV/literature!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_%28Twin_Peaks%29

Last edited:
Evo
Mentor
setAI said:

Bob is one of the most nightmarish/evil/sick/scary beings in the universe!! probably one of the scariest/most evil characters in film/TV/literature!

I had completely forgotten about that!

What about the dancing dwarf? That was pretty scary. :surprised

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
setAI said:

hmm...I never saw that series. That may have a lot to do with my lack of evil Bob associations. Was Bob also in the Twin Peaks movie? because I think I did see that.

ok, but still, that's a fictional Bob. I so far have only one real-life report of an evil Bob. It's just a tiny speck of noise in my otherwise consistent data. And I'm not so sure that particular "Bob" was even a Bob at all - there may be some explanation. :approve:

I can't believe I haven't been locked up in TD yet. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Well, being nice Bob's, they are too humble to come in here and talk about themselves. :biggrin:
I would have to ruin it, wouldn't I? :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
He sounds like a helluva nice guy. Exactly what I would expect from a Bob. :smile:

I wonder what BobG, The Bob, and Bobster think of this thread? I thought for sure they would have some comments.
It is a strange thread. I can't say I saw it until today but I think there are some evil Bobs putting shame on the rest of us. Ohhh the shame :cry: oh the shame :cry: I have ruined the humbleness as well :cry: :cry: :cry: oh dear.

The Bob (2004 ©)

P.S. Forgive me Moonbear, :cry: forgive me BobG, :cry: forgive me Bobster? we have a Bobster?? :eek: Wow. Well forgive me as well.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The Bob, have you always been a Bob, or did you ever go by Robert or Bobby?
Who decided this - I mean, did you decide you wanted to go by Bob or did your parents just always call you Bob? Just curious.

And what prompted you to put a "The" in front of it for your PF name? Are you the standard by which other Bobs should be measured? :biggrin:

Lisa!
Gold Member
I think we could say catch-bob instead of catch-22!

Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It is true, there are no evil bobs. Here in the Netherlands when you go out in a group, Bob will sacrifice himself and not drink all night so that he can drive everyone home safely. I know that in Belgium you also have Bobs who stay sober on nights out :biggrin: When I get my driving license, I'd like to be Bob for a night :approve:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Monique said:
It is true, there are no evil bobs. Here in the Netherlands when you go out in a group, Bob will sacrifice himself and not drink all night so that he can drive everyone home safely. I know that in Belgium you also have Bobs who stay sober on nights out :biggrin: When I get my driving license, I'd like to be Bob for a night :approve:
oooohhh, yeah - ok, now it's coming back to me. You told us one time about some kind of a designated driver campaign involving the name "BOB". I completely forgot about that!

gonpost said:
I once knew an evil Bob...

He hit his children...my mother never even knew it...

But he's gone now. :)
Math Is Hard said:
Thank you. I appreciate your being so candid. This is the stuff that could dismantle my theory. I can't help but wonder how others perceived him, even though you knew the truth about him.
I bet he (the guy claiming to be a Bob) lied about his name.

zoobyshoe said:
Yes, but think about it. What's "Boob" spelled backward?
Tit? :biggrin:

:uhh: I'm gonna get in trouble, aren't I?

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Artman said:
Tit? :biggrin:

:uhh: I'm gonna get in trouble, aren't I?
That reminds me, go over and look at my watermelons in the "happy" thread. I think you'll like them. :smile:

Math Is Hard said:
That reminds me, go over and look at my watermelons in the "happy" thread. I think you'll like them. :smile:
LINK! Gee, the time I take in searching for these things I could save with an occassional link!

Math Is Hard said:
The Bob, have you always been a Bob, or did you ever go by Robert or Bobby?
Who decided this - I mean, did you decide you wanted to go by Bob or did your parents just always call you Bob? Just curious.

And what prompted you to put a "The" in front of it for your PF name? Are you the standard by which other Bobs should be measured? :biggrin:
I only go by Bob on the internet. My parents call me Robert, my friends call me Rob or something with Rob in it but The Bob is for the internet.

I decided to use Bob instead of Rob because it sounds funnier, more professional and also it is a palindrome. The 'The' part is there to define myself as the one and only Bob. The true Bob. Thus, The Bob. Of course I am not the only one but it does allow me to say:

'A Bob is a sparrow. The Bob is a sparrowhawk'. :smile:

The Bob (2004 ©)

P.S. Wow. 15 Bobs in this post alone. Now 16. Hehe :biggrin:

robphy
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
robphy said:
We have a winner: serial killer Bob Berdella.

Unquestionably a Bob (as opposed to a Robert) as referenced here:
http://www.thoughtpeach.com/archives/000406.html
Berdella "was the 39-year old owner of Bob's Bizarre Bazaar in Kansas City, a downtown novelty shop that specialized in lava lamps, replica skulls, incense, and other kinds of supplies that would appeal to potheads and weekend Satanists."
Truly an evil, evil Bob.

and so ends my theory.

Math Is Hard said:
We have a winner: serial killer Bob Berdella.

Unquestionably a Bob (as opposed to a Robert) as referenced here:
http://www.thoughtpeach.com/archives/000406.html
Truly an evil, evil Bob.

and so ends my theory.
He was obviously insane though. Perhaps he was a Robert trapped in a Bob's name?

By the way, I was not being impatient about just not having a link above, but when a woman says she has posted photos of her mellons... :tongue2: :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
I have this theory that there are no evil Bobs. I base this on the fact that I never met a Bob I didn’t like. Historically, the name Bob does not lend itself to infamy. There are no “Bob the Rippers”, no “Bob the Impalers”, etc.

This is not to suggest that there are no evil Roberts. I’ve known a few. But Bobs are special. Bobs are an extremely good-natured subset of Roberts, and I have never known a Bob that was the slightest bit evil in nature. I have discovered that I actually have a Bob bias. In fact, when choosing a professor, I'll seek out the ones named Robert and if I can find out that he goes by Bob, I'll sign up for the course immediately.

So prove me wrong. Post your evil Bob stories here. :devil:
What about Beelzebob?

:rofl:

The Rev

arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
No, he's a total bub.

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Math Is Hard said:
He sounds like a helluva nice guy. Exactly what I would expect from a Bob. :smile:

I wonder what BobG, The Bob, and Bobster think of this thread? I thought for sure they would have some comments.
Humble and on vacation, I am -- dang! I've got to quit reading those Doonesbury strips, now I'm talking like Yoda.

Not only are Bobs nice people, they're also nice http://www.avon.org/BobtheBridge.cfm [Broken] :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Thank you, BobG. That's a wonderful Bob story!

Reminds me of a place I used to work - we had a contest to name our two development servers. The winning names were "Bob" and "Fluffy".

there are no GOOD Alexis-es! :eek:

setAI said:
there are no GOOD Alexis-es! :eek:
Only great Bobs.

The Bob (2004 ©)

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
While they may not have Evil or Great Bobs, English public schools (notably Eton) notoriously call fellow scholars "Wet Bobs" or "Dry Bobs", depending on whether the chap in question rows or plays cricket.