1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B Thermal night vision

1. Nov 25, 2017 #1
    I am interested to know how does thermal night vision works. Can anyone explain that to me, I would be thankful. I want to see the physics perspective on this.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 25, 2017 #2

anorlunda

Staff: Mentor

There are two kinds.

1: Image intensifiers simply amplify the low light levels that already exist.

2: Thermal imaging makes the IR spectrum visible.

4. Nov 25, 2017 #3

berkeman

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_vision_device

5. Nov 26, 2017 #4
    First of all, when I research something I go to wikipedia first and read. If there I can't find what I'm interested in, then i go to forums. On wikipedia there is only a superficial article about thermal vision, nothing in detail.

6. Nov 26, 2017 #5

berkeman

Fair enough. That's why it's a good habit when starting a thread in a discussion forum to post links to what you have been reading so far. That helps others to see what efforts you have been putting in, and what level your reading has be at so far.

Can you post a few other links to what you have been reading? The Google search that I did turned up some pretty interesting links. And are you looking at one or the other of the two techniques mentioned so far, or are you focusing on both?

7. Nov 27, 2017 #6

A.T.

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Only the wikipedia article, or also the references it is based on?

Then why don't you state what you can't find?

8. Nov 28, 2017 #7
    I have found what I needed. Thank you anyway.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted