Thermodynamic Properties of high pressure gases

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 9K views
0507476h
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hi,

Anyone know where I can find thermodynamic properties of gases at high pressure? More specifically I need to find the kinematic viscosity or the absolute viscosity of air at around 300 degrees Kelvin and 330 bar.

Cheers
 
Physics news on Phys.org
It depends on what gas and who you talk to. All the major aerospace companies for example have their own version of air tables (for high temp/high pressure). They can vary quite significantly.
 
http://webbook.nist.gov/chemistry/fluid/" should have the data you're after. Otherwise, a thermodynamic properties of air table at the local school library would have it too. You might even be able to find a table online if you search in google for "themodynamic properties of air."
 
Last edited by a moderator:
0507476h said:
Hi,

Anyone know where I can find thermodynamic properties of gases at high pressure? More specifically I need to find the kinematic viscosity or the absolute viscosity of air at around 300 degrees Kelvin and 330 bar.

Cheers

Air @ 300 K and 330 bar:

Kin. Viscosity = 0.00000090477 (ft²/s)

CS
 
stewartcs said:
Air @ 300 K and 330 bar:

Kin. Viscosity = 0.00000090477 (ft²/s)

CS



Thank-you for this, could you tell me how you calculated/where you found this data? Just so I can do it for myself in future as I reckon I will have a range of other pressures and temps to calculate kinematic viscosity for in future.

Thanks
 
0507476h said:
Thank-you for this, could you tell me how you calculated/where you found this data? Just so I can do it for myself in future as I reckon I will have a range of other pressures and temps to calculate kinematic viscosity for in future.

Thanks

NIST has a program called REFPROP 8.0 that gives this information. Check the link above from Mech_Engineer and they will probably have a link for it. It cost $200 for copy last time I checked.

CS
 
Hi
I used ASPEN to find the answer
At 300K and 330 bar
Dynamic Viscosity=0.0299 cp =2.99e-5 Pa.sec
Kinematic Viscosity=8.566e-8 m^2/sec