Thousands protest against Bush visit to Germany

  • #1
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20050223/wl_afp/usbushgermanysecurity [Broken]

"The protesters brandished placards reading "Terrorist Nr 1" and "Bush Swim Home" while police helicopters circled overhead"

Is this how the US president is considered/labeled by some Germans and europeans ?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

  • #2
1,090
6
Yep also happened not to long ago when Bush was in Canada, I think it also happened when he was in South America (can't remember which country it was). The same would probably happen in the US, if the crowds were not filled with loyal Republicans. Remember the Republican Convention in NY not to long ago: There was what 100,000+ protestors?
 
  • #3
SOS2008
Gold Member
31
1
Earlier on MSNBC Today: About 5,000 people braved the wet snow to protest Bush's visit to Germany. The protesters carried placards reading “We don’t Want your Kind of Peace” and “Where Bush Is, There’s War” and “Wanted Dead or Alive — George ’Dubya’ Bush and His Band of Congressmen.”

Perhaps it would be easier to make a list of the countries that favor the Bush administration and its foreign policy. Let's see...no, Poland left. BTW - Good slogans!

mattmns said:
The same would probably happen in the US, if the crowds were not filled with loyal Republicans.

God forbid if people in the U.S. were able to express dissent. Good thing the loyal Republicans are around in large number, repressing any opposing comment, action, or thought with intimidation.

mattmns said:
Remember the Republican Convention in NY not to long ago: There was what 100,000+ protestors?

Probably some of the same people making up the 48% who didn't vote for Bush. Bush supporters don't seem to remember this either. If anyone knows of any upcoming marches on the White House, please let me know.

In the meantime, it's a good thing our allies (true friends), who still practice democracy, express dissent on behalf of people like me. Thank you to all of you in Belgium, Germany, well heck, all the other countries of the world. :!!)
 
  • #4
PerennialII
Science Advisor
Gold Member
900
1
Stanley_Smith said:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20050223/wl_afp/usbushgermanysecurity [Broken]

"The protesters brandished placards reading "Terrorist Nr 1" and "Bush Swim Home" while police helicopters circled overhead"

Is this how the US president is considered/labeled by some Germans and europeans ?

This is probably one of those things where the heterogeneous Europe can find harmony, and one of the fews things along with strikes and union organized protests where people bother as much.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #5
GENIERE
SOS2008 said:
…Probably some of the same people making up the 48% who didn't vote for Bush. Bush supporters don't seem to remember this either. If anyone knows of any upcoming marches on the White House, please let me know…


Yes, the YPSL is sponsoring a march on May 1st. The organization’s web site has been off line for unknown reasons, hopefully it will be running soon. In the mean time a word-of-mouth campaign is circulating as a means to attract marchers. The YPSL can usually amass about 3000 marchers from its membership.

All that is necessary to do is to arrive at Dulles airport prior to 11:00 am on May 1st or in the PM of the preceding day. Proceed to the Avis car rental booth in the baggage area. A YPSL booth will be directly across the aisle. There, parade information will be made available. If you choose you can register with the organization and receive parade paraphernalia as well as help in transportation. The paraphernalia consists of sign making materials, anti-Bush buttons, and for early arrivals, flammable Bush dolls. If flying, do not bring this type of item with you. About every hour, there will be a sit-down-protest hand link lesson for those engaging in their first protest march.

I recommend Blacky’s Steak House for after-parade enjoyment
 
  • #6
369
3
Nice Gokul. Sounds like fun, I wish I could come.
(gotta get me one of those dolls)
 

Related Threads on Thousands protest against Bush visit to Germany

Replies
3
Views
1K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
34
Views
4K
Replies
10
Views
2K
  • Last Post
3
Replies
50
Views
9K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
28
Views
81K
  • Last Post
Replies
6
Views
2K
Replies
43
Views
4K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
29
Views
9K
  • Last Post
Replies
16
Views
3K
Top