Throttle body modeling and simulation

• Thread starter amare
  • Start date
I modeled a throttle body in Simulink. How do I model the position of the gas pedal so that if the position of the gas pedal changes the input voltage to the throttle body actuator will change and open the throttle? why should i give on the left side to get position of the gas pedal from the potentiometer sensor?

Attachments

Jeez, fella, stop SCREAMING
I am sorry i do not understand !!! am I screaming ?

Tom.G

Science Advisor
The signal you are asking about connects to the block "ANGLE TO VOLTAGE." Look at the documentation for that block and use what it says is expected for input.

The signal you are asking about connects to the block "ANGLE TO VOLTAGE." Look at the documentation for that block and use what it says is expected for input.
yes I understand that. my question was how do I model the gas pedal to be an input? that means the position change of the gas pedal by the press from the driver will be converted to angles and sent to the ECU. then the ECUwill sent a voltage equivalent to it to the throttle actuator. so to be specific I need how the push force of the driver to be changed to position of the gas pedal....

Tom.G

Science Advisor
Ahh, OK.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Simulink, but there is probably a way of telling it to 'Sweep' a variable over a range. Their method may be a look-up table, or a signal generator, or a loop construct of some sort as in a 'For Loop.'

I found this page at the Simulink supplier (mathworks.com) that may help find the answer.

If that doesn't work try this.

Cheers,
Tom