Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculators TI-83/84 Plus - Storing polynomial functions

Tags:
  1. Jun 21, 2012 #1
    Unless I'm missing something here, I've noticed that if you want to store a polynomial function on the TI-83 or the TI-84 Plus, you have to create a program that asks you what the value of x is, then displays the value of f(x). I kind of wish I could define a function without making a program.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2012 #2
    To define a function, you can enter the Y= menu. In that case, Y= translates to f(x)=. You can also change from the Mode menu to parametric, polar, and sequential graphing modes. Alternatively, if you want 3D graphing or graphing of differential equations, Graph3D is a wonderful app that operates even faster than the TI-89.

However, many functions of other variables are easiest done using a program. I wrote a program back in highschool to handle more arbitrary function types, but that was years ago.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook