TI-84 Plus for $79.99 after rebate, Sun/Mon Only

• Calculators
  • Thread starter JazzFusion
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ti-83 Ti-84
In summary: Previously, they were required (or at least 'strongly recommended') for all of the courses I teach. I changed the syllabi for all my classes to exclude their requirement.
JazzFusion
I just got my Staples ad for the coming week via email, and saw they have advertised for two days only (Aug 23 and 24) TI-84 graphing calculators for $79.99 after rebate.

No, I do not own, work for, or have stock in Staples...but this is the lowest price I have ever seen for this graphing calculator, and I know many schools now require a TI-84 or -83 for certain math/physics courses.

Please check your local store - I think the sale price might vary by location. Also, I think $30 of the savings might be in the form of a gift card that gets mailed to you later.

Computer science news on Phys.org
(supresses spam alert)

Thanks JF.

Before you get one, check out something like Geogebra or even Wolfram Alpha. They're both free, and they'll both do everything you'll use a TI-84 for.

Tobias Funke said:
Before you get one, check out something like Geogebra or even Wolfram Alpha. They're both free, and they'll both do everything you'll use a TI-84 for.

"free"...assuming that you already have a computer, which is portable or has internet access.

For that matter, just about anything you'd need a TI for you can do with the calculator app in Windows. But... too many classes now 'require' a TI-grapher.

robphy said:
"free"...assuming that you already have a computer, which is portable or has internet access.

Well, yeah.

JazzFusion said:
For that matter, just about anything you'd need a TI for you can do with the calculator app in Windows. But... too many classes now 'require' a TI-grapher.

Yeah, but I wonder how much that matters. Are engineering students really out of luck on their tests if they don't have graphing calculators, or is it just customary for syllabi, even in middle schools now, to require them? I really have no idea.

Last edited:
Tobias Funke said:
...or is it just customary for syllabi, even in middle schools now, to require them? ...
This is my concern. Previously, they were required (or at least 'strongly recommended') for all of the courses I teach. I changed the syllabi for all my classes to exclude their requirement.

Still, my youngest son enters his middle-school Algebra I class in two days, and I will be buying him one (*sigh*).

What is a TI-84 Plus calculator?

A TI-84 Plus calculator is a graphing calculator designed and manufactured by Texas Instruments. It is commonly used in high school and college-level math, science, and engineering courses.

How much does the TI-84 Plus calculator cost?

The TI-84 Plus calculator typically costs around $120, but with a rebate, it can be purchased for $79.99. This rebate offer is only valid on Sunday and Monday.

What is a rebate and how does it work?

A rebate is a partial refund or discount offered by a manufacturer or retailer on the purchase of a product. In this case, the rebate for the TI-84 Plus calculator allows you to save $40 on the original price of the calculator.

Is the TI-84 Plus calculator worth buying?

It depends on your needs. If you are a student or professional who regularly works with complex equations and graphs, the TI-84 Plus calculator can be a valuable tool. However, if you only need a basic calculator for simple math operations, it may not be worth the investment.

Where can I purchase the TI-84 Plus calculator?

The TI-84 Plus calculator can be purchased at many electronics retailers, as well as online. The specific offer of $79.99 after rebate, Sun/Mon Only, may only be available at select retailers, so be sure to check for availability before making a purchase.