TI-89 Titanium date log GPA and Pass or Fail in jeopardy?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
jacron
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Alrighty, I know the TI-89 keeps up with date and time. It seems logical that it would somewhere inside the chips and silicon it makes a log of the date that data was inputted...rightttt. I made an idiot out of myself and didn't double check my scan-tron after an exam, my professor jokingly said that if I could prove I actually made an honest mistake and wasn't just trying to magically fix my grade and avoid the ramifications of not studying. So I'm trying to hold him to it and if this calculator saves that kind of info I can show him that my work was correct during the test, but that I'm just and idiot when it comes to bubbling in a little circle.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
jacron said:
Alrighty, I know the TI-89 keeps up with date and time. It seems logical that it would somewhere inside the chips and silicon it makes a log of the date that data was inputted...rightttt. I made an idiot out of myself and didn't double check my scan-tron after an exam, my professor jokingly said that if I could prove I actually made an honest mistake and wasn't just trying to magically fix my grade and avoid the ramifications of not studying. So I'm trying to hold him to it and if this calculator saves that kind of info I can show him that my work was correct during the test, but that I'm just and idiot when it comes to bubbling in a little circle.

Nope, it has no such feature. Next time, be more careful in filling in the bubbles.
 
sigh, Ha i don't guess u can think of a way i can convince the prof that it does that works too ha
 
Such are the risks of tests which do not allow for partial credit. If you had a work sheet that you had used for the test you might be able to show him that, but the TI-89 will not save you here.

My advice is to learn from your mistake and move on.
 
if there's a pattern to your errors (off by one, e.g.) it should be easy to make a case