Can an observer entering a black hole reach the end of time?

In summary, the conversation is discussing the concept of time dilation and how it applies to different observers near a black hole. It is argued that the aging rate for a local observer and an observer at infinity remains the same, but the perception of time is different due to the strong gravitational forces. The question also brings up the idea of reaching the end of time when approaching the event horizon of a black hole. However, it is noted that this is a subjective concept and may not necessarily apply in reality.
Tuugii
I have one more questions, I really don't get the concept:

Show that a local observer far from the black hole ages at the same rate as the observer
at infinity and that the former’s aging rate stops in comparison with the latter’s when
the event horizon is approached.

can someone please help me to understand this in a little different terms and way? :p

thanks a lot,
T

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Imagine that each observer emmits pulses each second of his local clock. The observer at infinity will notice that the pulses coming from the one approaching the horizon get more and more rare and completely stop when he gets at the horizon. I guess that's what the problem is asking, although the wording is very impresize, even creating wrong idea.

The local aging rate never stops for any observer. If one is in a rocket that crosses the horizon, he won't 'stop living' all of a sudden. In fact, he won't feel anything special, not even a jitter. Only inside the horizon, he won't be able to send messages to outside and soon the strong gravitational gradient will stretch his body and kill him.

I'm going to take a swing at it too, even though i don't understand the question completely.

Simply put, I believe this question is asking about the difference of experiences between each observer in relation to the other.
Due to GR, the observer approaching the black hole would appear to slow down to an observer watching him outside of the gravitational force of the black hole. For the observer near the black hole, the observer outside would appear to speed up. With gravity reaching infinity in the black hole, the observer entering it completely would reach the end of time.

I am an amateur so don't beat down on me if this has nothing to do with the question.

With gravity reaching infinity in the black hole, the observer entering it completely would reach the end of time.

Thinking of a black hole, large mass in a small space, I think of how much time dilates when the mass goes to infinity, that singularity of mass is an eternity of time. IMO the observer entering the black hole would never reach the end of time.

What is time dilation?

Time dilation is a phenomenon in which time appears to pass at different rates for two observers who are moving relative to each other. This is due to the effects of special relativity, which states that the laws of physics are the same for all observers moving at a constant velocity.

How does time dilation occur?

Time dilation occurs because as an object's velocity increases, its rate of time slows down relative to a stationary observer. This is due to the fact that as an object's speed approaches the speed of light, its mass increases and it requires more energy to accelerate. This results in time appearing to pass slower for the moving object.

What is the significance of time dilation?

The significance of time dilation is that it has been experimentally proven and is a fundamental part of our understanding of the laws of physics. It also has practical applications, such as in the design of GPS systems which must account for the effects of time dilation in order to function accurately.

Can time dilation be observed?

Yes, time dilation has been observed in many experiments and is a well-accepted scientific phenomenon. One notable example is the Hafele-Keating experiment, in which atomic clocks were flown on planes in opposite directions and were found to have different times upon landing due to the effects of time dilation.

Does time dilation only occur in outer space?

No, time dilation can occur in any situation where there is relative motion between two observers. This means it can occur on Earth, in space, or even at the atomic level. However, the effects of time dilation are more pronounced in extreme situations such as near the speed of light or in strong gravitational fields.