To find the sum of a fourier series ?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 7K views
cabellos
Messages
76
Reaction score
1
to find the sum of a Fourier series...?

My problem is:

I must find the sum of ((-1)^(n+1))/2n-1 between infinity and n=1.

I have looked in all my available textbooks for a clear example but I am still unsure as to how i should approach the problem?

Help with this would be much appreciated.

Thankyou.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Do you really have to sum it, or just show it converges? The former is easy. I'm not sure how to do the latter unless someone can think of a taylor series that resembles your series.
 
Try this. Take the series for log(1+x) and think about putting x=i.
 
But that's not a "Fourier series", that's just a power series.