TOP 10 PHYSICISTS ALIVE (theoretical and experimental)

• Thread starter Casco
  • Start date
I would like to read the opinion of the people in this forum given that (I think) the most part of the people here is related to physics. I have been searching in the web for a list of the most influential physicists alive or more brilliant, but the lists that I have found seem to be not so convincing. So I would like to hear the opinion from the people of this great forum.

I would like to give some rules, which are the following:

1. Two lists that consist in the following: the top ten of theoretical physicists alive and the top ten of experimetal physicists alive.

2. The name of the physicist (obviously), its main contributions to physics followed by a little comment telling why you believe that he/she must be in the list. Optionally, It would be nice to have a photograpy of the physicist and finally if you want, you can put a link, for example one of wikipedia, where we can find more information of the physicist.

* It is no necessary to post both lists, if you want you can just include one of them.
* Please do not mix the lists and put the theoretical physicists in the theoretical list and the same for the experimental.

If there is something that I am missing please let me know so that the list can be better.

Answers and Replies

This has been done a lot of time already. Please do a forum search for relevant threads.