Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

TOP 10 PHYSICISTS ALIVE (theoretical and experimental)

1. Apr 7, 2012 #1
    I would like to read the opinion of the people in this forum given that (I think) the most part of the people here is related to physics. I have been searching in the web for a list of the most influential physicists alive or more brilliant, but the lists that I have found seem to be not so convincing. So I would like to hear the opinion from the people of this great forum.

I would like to give some rules, which are the following:

1. Two lists that consist in the following: the top ten of theoretical physicists alive and the top ten of experimetal physicists alive.

2. The name of the physicist (obviously), its main contributions to physics followed by a little comment telling why you believe that he/she must be in the list. Optionally, It would be nice to have a photograpy of the physicist and finally if you want, you can put a link, for example one of wikipedia, where we can find more information of the physicist.

* It is no necessary to post both lists, if you want you can just include one of them.
    * Please do not mix the lists and put the theoretical physicists in the theoretical list and the same for the experimental.

If there is something that I am missing please let me know so that the list can be better.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 7, 2012 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

This has been done a lot of time already. Please do a forum search for relevant threads.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook