Top 10 Universities for Aerospace Engineering in the world

1. Hey guys,
    i would like to know which universities in the world are best for aerospace engineering as i wanna do a master's program. Please Suggest

THank you
  2. jcsd
  3. djeitnstine

djeitnstine 615
    Gold Member

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University has been ranked #1 in the US.
  4. yeah okay...what about others because i checked the rankings and i didnt find embry riddle...!!
    they like said
    1) Stanford
    2) CIT
    3) Georgio Institute of tech..

i really dunno which is the best !!
    Can you provide a link for website that says riddle uni is #1

<< txt shortcuts edited out by berkeman >>
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2008
  5. djeitnstine

djeitnstine 615
    Gold Member

6. Its a good school for pilots and AMP mechanics or ATC controllers (not sure its worth $30,000 + a year!)

Also you can't get you PhD there so that usually excludes a school from a high ranking which are based on research/publications etc.
  7. That was in the US News ranking for Undergraduate Aero Engineering courses in schools that don't offer PhDs if I remember correctly. The OP wants to do a Masters so it's irrelevant.

For the "best" courses in the US, search for "US News Grad School Rankings" and follow the links for "Engineering" and "Aeronautical/A/A Engineering". The 2009 grad rankings are out at the moment if I'm not mistaken, but they change from year to year, so check out previous rankings.

As for colleges outside the US, there is no specific aero engineering ranking. You could have a look at The Times Ranking (they do a rankings of UK colleges, a ranking of colleges in Europe, and a world ranking, I think). Do a search for youself. There are lots of excellent universities for aeronautical engineering all over Europe.

What area would you like to learn about/research? That could obviously change which school is the best for you, which mightn't be number 1 in this years rankings. As fot Caltech, Gatech and Stanford, College X, College Y, College Z, which is best simply depends on what area you want to study.

Take the rankings with a fistful of salt, especially ones that are not specifically for aeronautical engineering graduate courses.
    Last edited: May 8, 2008
  8. Hey Space_Freak im not currently sure about the rankings now but I do that Embry-Riddle has and probably still is ranked number 1 for AE without a doctoral degree. However speaking from experience or visiting the campus their program is very good. All of the professors are very educated and helpfull, same as the staff(admissions,housing,etc.). All of the engineering facilities are equipped with state of the art equpiment. The campus at Daytona Beach is very nice and layed out very well. The ROTC programs are also very good. Their Air Force ROTC has the largest detachment. When I was going through the admission process I also applied to Penn State and was accepted but being such a big public university all of the pre engineering classes are going to be packed with students and thats why I chose Riddle. Their classes are fairly small and each student has plenty of time to get one on one attention from the professors. If you would like to talk to me anymore about Riddle you can just PM me or you can also check out and there is discussion boards and current student journals on their site. Good luck
  9. Hey there everyone, this is my first post. I am currently a student of aerospace/mechanical engineering at Embry-riddle prescott campus. We indeed do have a very good program in Engineering. I'm not sure if its still ranked #1, but it still has an awesome program. The class sizes are usually very small, which allows much 1-on-1 time with the professors, who, are very knowledgeable in their respective fields. Working with so many people that have worked in the aeropasce industry is also awesome! It helps give you a better perspective definitely.
  10. any1 havin any idea about the engineering program in Europe?
  11. ....
  12. What's about MIT? I thought MIT was very good at Aerospace Enginneering
  13. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus 2,205
    Homework Helper

École nationale supérieure de l'aéronautique et de l'espace (SUPAERO) is one of the best in the World.
  14. UT Austin is also a very respectable (in top ten list) school for's an excellent balance of bang for buck in terms of cost.
  15. ITA- Brazil, we work directly with ours space program.
    You can say that it´s not much.. but i have to say. we are poor, not stupid.
  16. x^n

x^n 1

ITA - Brazil

One of the best

17. I think it's the best if you study Aerospace Engineering at Purdue University, imo.
  18. Delft Institute of Technology in Holland is also very good in Aerospace Engineering!
  19. I was actually speaking to some people about Delft the before yesterday. I work next door to a reputable Belgian Space company, who hires a lot of guys that studied Aerospace in Delft. The people that didn't study at Delft, but know people who did, give it the thumbs up!
  20. Hi..first it true that texas austin gives a lot of aid cos its stinkin rich (its got its own oil fields n all)? how is USC's aerospace program? its ranked pretty high (8th)..
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?