Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Top biology journals

1. Jul 17, 2006 #1

J77

Hello Bio people,

Could I ask a quick question...

Physics has the Phys. Rev. series, is there an equivalent in Biology?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 17, 2006 #2

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Nature is great.

4. Jul 17, 2006 #3

J77

Yes it is :smile:

...but Nature and Science are a bit special - not your everyday journals like PRX.

5. Jul 17, 2006 #4
    shoot whats the online site medlibrary?
    can't remember. But like arxiv there is one online.
    As for actual journals, i don't think there is just one i think there are tons. Granted most that i had to look in were neuroscience(and psychology) ones.
    The two i remmeber the most were Journal of Neurosci. And Cerebellem or Cerebral

6. Jul 17, 2006 #5
  7. Jul 17, 2006 #6
    It really depends on what discipline of biology you are interested in. Nature and Science are great, and cover some very interesting research, but they are quite multi-disciplinary.
    For example, for all things pharmacology the British Journal of Pharmacology (pubslihed by Nature group) is very good. For all things regarding the extracellular matrix Matrix Biology is very good. And so on.

8. Jul 18, 2006 #7

J77

9. Jul 18, 2006 #8
    If your intrests include anthropology the American Anthropological Association makes a great read
    http://www.aaanet.org/
    I also subscribe to the Journal of Forensic Sciences.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?