Touch lamp circuit for posterity....

In summary, the conversation discusses a troubleshooting process for a circuit and the discovery of a blown blob chip. The speaker also mentions posting the schematic for future reference and shares their experience with touch sensor modules for lamps. They also mention the reinvention of a lamp as a normal one with added features. The conversation ends with a quote about individuality.
Guineafowl
As part of troubleshooting this circuit I drew a full schematic, only to find near the end that the blob chip was blown - the crack was hiding behind a capacitor. Anyway, since I went to the bother, I thought I'd post the schematic here in case it helps anyone else...

I think the IC is a TT6061.
image.jpg

Engineering news on Phys.org
jim hardy said:
tt6061 datasheet, of sorts..

http://www.micropik.com/PDF/tt6061a.pdf
Might be useful to someone some day. I was almost glad the touch board was blown - I wasn't too keen on the board always being active and waiting for a touch. R1 would get quite warm even when the lamp was off.

A bit like those socket outlets with permanently-wired USB supplies. Not my cup of tea.

The lamp has been reincarnated as a normal lamp, with proper earthing and an inline switch.

Guineafowl said:
The lamp has been reincarnated as a normal lamp, with proper earthing and an inline switch.
That's interesting. I have several table lamps to which I've added touch sensor modules . Local Ace hardware store carries one that fits nicely in the base. Great for when I'm stumbling around in the dark.

Ahh well - did not Jimmy Buffet say 'if we weren't all different we'd all be the same ?

Likes NascentOxygen and Guineafowl

1. How does a touch lamp circuit work?

A touch lamp circuit works by using sensors to detect changes in electrical capacitance when a person touches the lamp. When the lamp is touched, the sensors send a signal to a control unit, which then activates the lamp.

2. Can I build my own touch lamp circuit?

Yes, it is possible to build your own touch lamp circuit with the right tools and knowledge. There are many tutorials and guides available online that can help you create your own touch lamp circuit.

3. What materials are needed to make a touch lamp circuit?

The materials needed to make a touch lamp circuit include a control unit, sensors, wires, a power source, and a lamp. You may also need other tools such as a soldering iron and a multimeter.

4. Is a touch lamp circuit safe to use?

Yes, touch lamp circuits are designed to be safe to use. The electrical current used in these circuits is very low and poses no harm to humans. However, it is always important to follow proper safety precautions when working with electronics.

5. Can a touch lamp circuit be used with any type of lamp?

Yes, a touch lamp circuit can be used with most types of lamps as long as they are compatible with the electrical current and voltage of the circuit. It is always important to check the specifications of your lamp before using it with a touch lamp circuit.