Transient RC Circuit (got answer in s but not in t-domain)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
jaus tail
Messages
613
Reaction score
48

Homework Statement


upload_2018-1-24_11-45-7.png


Homework Equations


Vc = ( Initial Voltage - Final Voltage ) e(-RC/t) + Final Voltage

3. The Attempt at a Solution

I got the answer through Laplace but am not getting through time domain analysis.
Given q across C is 2.5mC
C = 50micro F
q = CV
So V = 50V
Initial voltage = 50V
Final voltage = 100V since C will be open circuit on steady state.
Req = 10 ohm
Ceq = 50 micro F
RC = .0005
1/RC = 2000
So applying the underlined formula I get Vc = ( 50 - 100) e(-2000t) + 100
Ic = C dV/dt = 50 micro times (-50 * -2000) e(-2000t)
Ic = 5e(-2000t)

Book answer is A.
 
Attachments
  • upload_2018-1-24_9-45-11.png
    upload_2018-1-24_9-45-11.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 545
  • upload_2018-1-24_11-45-7.png
    upload_2018-1-24_11-45-7.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 912
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh yeah. I tried with polarity of lower plate positive and got answer in time domain. Thanks.