Translating from Japanese: residue in capacitor?

In summary, the higher the frequency of the input voltage, the higher the '残留静容量' of the capacitor.
hilman
So, I have made an experiment of a low pass filter, and made a bode plot out of it. My experiment was done 100 percent in Japanese and this means I cannot understand completely the experiment I have done. So, there is a statement there saying the higher the frequency of the input voltage, the higher the '残留静容量' , which google translate as 'Residual static capacity' of the capacitor. I do not think this is the correct translation as I can't google it. So, what it is actually?

Engineering news on Phys.org
I would guess it is a "surface charge". But this term usually refers to batteries and super-capacitors - not common capacitors.
Also, this translates back and forth correctly for Chinese. So maybe its 99% Japanese and 1% Chinese.

I think it is referring to the residual inductance or the impedance due to the residual inductance.

Perhaps the higher the frequency, the more significant will be the effect of stray (residual/wiring) capacitance---a warning that the simulation of an ideal lumped element network will, at higher frequencies, become an increasingly inaccurate model of any real-world build.

Its a low pass so the higher the frequency the higher the "attenuation".

CWatters said:
Its a low pass so the higher the frequency the higher the "attenuation".
If OP were to change the filter into a high-pass and run the simulation again, observed changes in the diagnostic could add support to your speculation.

I guess I have figured it out. I have asked my Japanese friend, and it turns out it is referring to 'Residual Impedance'. The Japanese terms I've shown to you guys is kinda like the other rare term of saying it in Japanese. And it should be as the frequency increases, the residual impedance of the capacitor will decrease. Thanks a lot for the answers guys!

meBigGuy said:
I think it is referring to the residual inductance or the impedance due to the residual inductance.
yay LOL

Likes CWatters

1. What is a capacitor residue in Japanese?

A capacitor residue in Japanese is called "コンデンサーの残渣" or "コンデンサー残留物" in Japanese. It refers to the remaining unwanted material or substance that is left behind in a capacitor after its initial use.

2. Why is it important to translate "residue in capacitor" from Japanese?

Translating "residue in capacitor" from Japanese is important because it allows non-Japanese speakers to understand and communicate about this scientific concept. It also enables scientists to access and utilize information from Japanese research and literature related to capacitors and their residue.

3. How do you say "residue in capacitor" in Japanese?

In Japanese, "residue in capacitor" is translated as "コンデンサーの残渣" or "コンデンサー残留物". However, there may be other variations or synonyms used depending on the context or specific terminology used in the field of study.

4. What are some common causes of residue in capacitors?

Some common causes of residue in capacitors include impurities in the materials used to make the capacitor, improper manufacturing processes, and exposure to high temperatures or environmental factors. In some cases, residue may also occur due to the natural degradation of the capacitor over time.

5. How can residue in capacitors affect their performance?

Residue in capacitors can affect their performance by causing a decrease in capacitance, increased leakage current, and potential short-circuiting. It can also lead to malfunctions or failures in electronic devices that use these capacitors. Therefore, it is important to properly manage and mitigate residue in capacitors to ensure optimal performance and longevity.