The Science Behind Chocolate and Expiration Dates

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, Tribdog's here! He's been fighting a gopher hole and seems to be okay. He's also built a trebuchet out of popsicle sticks that he claims is only 5 inches high and can throw an aspirin across the room.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Tribdog's Here!

Get The Net!

You have some serious explaining to do

Physics news on Phys.org
Don't be daft, I see no dogs of trib. You're hallucinating again my dear. Have a drinkie.

Grab him quick!

brewnog said:
Don't be daft, I see no dogs of trib. You're hallucinating again my dear. Have a drinkie.
Drinkie :-p ?

Ooooh blood and sand, I see him now!

He's here!

Get the butter!

Oh, that's how we caught zooby.

Get the flame throwing trebuchet!

Just wheel it into the middle of GD and wait for tribdog to get dangeously close, then NAB HIM!

brewnog said:
Ooooh blood and sand, I see him now!

Drinkie :-p ?

I built a trebuchet while I was gone. It's about 3 feet tall and uses a 2 liter bottle of water as a counterweight. First time I tried it it swung around and clipped my nostril with the release pin and damn near ripped my nose off. Second shot worked pretty well.

Well done, we might get some interesting threads going again with you and brewnog being back.

tribdog said:
I built a trebuchet while I was gone. It's about 3 feet tall and uses a 2 liter bottle of water as a counterweight. First time I tried it it swung around and clipped my nostril with the release pin and damn near ripped my nose off. Second shot worked pretty well.
Yes, he's back. :approve:

You'll have to fill us in on all of your adventures while you've been away. :biggrin:

I would have been back a lot sooner, but I wanted to read the thread killer champions thread first.

I hate to be labeled, but I'm sitting here on my couch, foot elevated above my heart, crutches leaning against the wall and I realize some things never change.

tribdog said:
I would have been back a lot sooner, but I wanted to read the thread killer champions thread first.
Understandable. :bugeye:

I hate to be labeled, but I'm sitting here on my couch, foot elevated above my heart, crutches leaning against the wall and I realize some things never change.
What happened, are you ok?

Evo said:
What happened, are you ok?
lol, of course I'm okay. just got in a fight with a gopher hole. I think it is just a sprain and to me sprains are like hang nails. My foot is a lovely shade of purple though.

I've got to run, okay hobble, and do some work. I'm supposed to be doing some research right now. I'll come back later

tribdog said:
A worthy excuse. :approve:

*shakes head* Nope, some things never change. :smile: And here we thought you got blown up along with the mountain you were blasting last we heard from you, and to find out something as minor as a gopher hole has you laid up this time...well, I'm just disappointed that it's not more exciting.

Oh, but some things change.
<------Look what color I am! :biggrin: They won't let me sweep the guru awards this year. :frown: I guess they wanted to give someone else a chance. :-p

tribdog said:

Holy crap! Make a video! How far can you launch things?

We've missed you!

matthyaouw said:
Holy crap! Make a video! How far can you launch things?
I'm not going to let it rip my nose off again so forget it.
the trebuchet I made out of popsicle sticks is only about 5 inches high and it will throw an asprin across the room. My big trebuchet was built without plans or planning or know how or the correct tools or material. I've thrown a grapefruit across the street, but it should go a lot further. I made the trebuchet collapsable, but not on purpose.

Impressive! I want one!

Moonbear said:
A worthy excuse. :approve:
*shakes head* Nope, some things never change. :smile: And here we thought you got blown up along with the mountain you were blasting last we heard from you, and to find out something as minor as a gopher hole has you laid up this time...well, I'm just disappointed that it's not more exciting.
Oh, but some things change.
<------Look what color I am! :biggrin: They won't let me sweep the guru awards this year. :frown: I guess they wanted to give someone else a chance. :-p
so I guess I'm the only cool one left who's not a mentor?

speaking of blasting a mountain, here's a little bit of useful information. If you work around explosives and then try to get on an airplane you WILL have to spend at least 3 hours explaining why their brand new machines are telling them to shoot you on the spot.

I'd forgotton how much more interesting GD was with all your unusual anecdotes.

Welcome back.

tribdog said:

Ahem, last but one...

What's with posting in your own return-from-the-dead thread anyway? That's soooo passe.

posting in it? hell I started it

I thought of a brain teaser so I spent about an hour getting it correct I thought it would take days to figure it out, then some jerk figured it out in about 3 minutes. I figured that since I was here already in the brain teaser section I might as well swing by GD. I would have thought you all would have cleaned the place up a bit.

tribdog said:
speaking of blasting a mountain, here's a little bit of useful information. If you work around explosives and then try to get on an airplane you WILL have to spend at least 3 hours explaining why their brand new machines are telling them to shoot you on the spot.
:smile: Yep, I'm sure that'll do it. :smile: Now that I live in mountains, I've also noticed nifty signs on the roads announcing blasting zones where you're supposed to turn off your cell phone, and I always wonder if anyone other than me actually bothers to follow that instruction?

Moonbear said:
:smile: Yep, I'm sure that'll do it. :smile: Now that I live in mountains, I've also noticed nifty signs on the roads announcing blasting zones where you're supposed to turn off your cell phone, and I always wonder if anyone other than me actually bothers to follow that instruction?
that's when I start dialing.
you have moved? I take it Evo moved as well. and I'll bet neither of you moved closer to me did you?

No, Evo hasn't moved, just me. I got further from you when I heard they were letting you around blast zones. :biggrin:

Curious...

Just in time for the guru awards.

tribdog said:
:cry::cry:

dduardo said:
Curious...

Too late, he's missed too much of the campaign for nominations. We have too many good candidates this year to bring in a lame duck. Besides, everyone else sent chocolate to Evo and me.

dduardo said:
Curious...

I thought about that as well. Last time I was here I said I was going to wait until a couple months before voting and come in and take the title again.
That isn't my intention, that's why I'm being not funny.
No seriously I'll take myself out of the running if you want, I was just feeling in a pf sort of mood so I came back

Welcome Home Trib!
I thought you had blown yourself up or landed in the calaboose. :rolleyes:
Glad to see you're alive and hopefully the foot and ankle are healing.

Last edited:
Astronuc said:
hopefully the foot and angle are healing.
:eek: He didn't mention anything about injuring his angle. No damned wonder he's been gone so long and comes back in a non-humourous mood.

ah, yes... it's tribdog season again. November through February every year.:smile:

Back