• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Schools Trinity college dublin

• Thread starter Bladibla
  • Start date
What is the overall opinion of this university?

I'm currently doing A-levels in the UK and maybe considering applying there with courses planned for most likely chemical engineering or chemistry.

Hi Bladiba,
I was a student at University of Turin - Italy. After my first degree in general Physics,
one of my professor and some people in the faculty suggested continuing
my studies somewhere else. They told me that in the field of computational
Physics, Trinity College is one of best University in Europe.
Last September, one student from the University of Maynooth told me that Trinity
College is currently claimed as one of the best university in scientific subjects .

I read about the topics, covered during some courses that I already attended in Italy, and I found them more interesting than those one I had at my former university.

I'm currently doing A-levels in the UK and maybe considering applying there with courses planned for most likely chemical engineering or chemistry.
Nothing wrong with Trinity but Dublin is a very expensive city these days. Check out the financial as well as academic aspects.

The campus is beautiful, and Ireland itself is nearly as beautiful as it gets, however Dublin is not one of the more scenic parts of Ireland. Trinity would be a wonderful school to attend if it is financially feasible. You would be in fairly close proximity to a large amount of schools in Ireland and the UK where great research is happening.

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Excellent place for grad school...or it used to be, last I heard.

PS: I'm talking about physics. Don't know about CE or Chemistry.