Why can't I view attachments on Physics Forums?

• Thread starter matthyaouw
  • Start date
In summary, there is an attached bmp in the thread with some users experiencing difficulties in viewing it due to insufficient privileges or a possible ban. Some users suggest logging out and logging back in as a possible solution. One user successfully views the attachment after logging out and back in.
matthyaouw
Gold Member
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=68697

In the 6th post in the thread above, there is an attached bmp. When I try to view it, I get a screen saying I have insufficient privilages/have possibly been banned. I've viewed attachments before, and I don't think I've upset the powers that be, so why can't I see it?

Physics news on Phys.org
i got the same message when i tried to see it.

Yes,Greg,though it says "dextercioby,...",it appears not to have a clue who dextercioby really is :tongue2:

Bugs...:yuck:

Bunny.:tongue2:

Daniel.

Yeah same here. Log out and then you will be able to view it. Or log out and then log back in, I think that might work. I had the same problem with an attachment a while back.

mattmns said:
Yeah same here. Log out and then you will be able to view it. Or log out and then log back in, I think that might work. I had the same problem with an attachment a while back.

Logged out and back in, and still nothing.

Did you try just logging out, and then trying to view it (while logged out) ?

Just did. I can see it fine. Thanks.

1. Why can't I view attachments in my email?

There could be a few reasons for this. It could be a compatibility issue, where the attachment is in a format that your email client does not support. It could also be a security measure, where your email server has blocked the attachment due to potential viruses or malware. Lastly, it could be an issue with your internet connection or the sender's email server.

2. How can I fix trouble viewing attachments?

First, try downloading the attachment and opening it on your computer instead of viewing it within your email client. If that doesn't work, check with the sender to make sure the attachment is in a supported format. If it is, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, or using a different browser. If the issue persists, contact your email service provider for further assistance.

3. Can I view attachments on my mobile device?

Yes, most email clients have the capability to view attachments on mobile devices. However, some attachments may not be supported or may have formatting issues on a smaller screen. It's best to download the attachment and open it on a computer for optimal viewing.

4. Why do some attachments take a long time to load?

The size and format of an attachment can affect how long it takes to load. Larger or high-resolution files may take longer to load, especially if you have a slow internet connection. Additionally, if the attachment is being sent from a different country or server, it may take longer to load due to distance and network speeds.

5. Is it safe to open attachments from unknown senders?

No, it is not recommended to open attachments from unknown or suspicious senders. They could potentially contain viruses or malware that could harm your computer or compromise your personal information. It's always best to exercise caution and only open attachments from trusted sources.