1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Troubles with projectile motion! Help!

1. Nov 20, 2009 #1
    I've made a tennis ball launcher (tilted 45 degrees) for my physics class. The assignment is to calculate where the tennis ball will land horizontally and also how high it will go before falling back to the ground. The problem I am facing is that I need d(x) in order to find v(x), but i need v(x) in order to find d(x). If you know of any other equations I can use, that would be wonderful! This assignment is due tomorrow and I'm pretty desperate. Please help if you can!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 20, 2009 #2

ideasrule

Homework Helper

You can't calculate either distance nor maximum height without knowing the projectile's launch speed. That said, you can find a relationship between the distance the projectile travels and initial speed. Start by calculating the time it takes to reach maximum height and work from there. Work with variables, and assume that launch speed is known.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook