Trusting the FAA

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date

Answers and Replies

russ_watters
Mentor
You thought the FAA was good? Wow, ok...

wolram
Gold Member
You thought the FAA was good? Wow, ok...
I thought they did a good job keeping aircraft flying in safety.

They are from the government and they are here to help.

russ_watters
Mentor
I thought they did a good job keeping aircraft flying in safety.
No, airplanes are safe in spite of the FAA.

wolram
Gold Member
No, airplanes are safe in spite of the FAA.
I must have the wrong impression Russ i know they give some lee way to the advantage of carriers, but are they so bad?

I must have the wrong impression Russ i know they give some lee way to the advantage of carriers, but are they so bad?
Some of the people with the FAA are very professional and helpful. I used to fly (pilot) often and never had the first problem with anyone in the FAA. The system depends on Aircraft owners and operators having integrity. The people who took advantage should have their head handed to them.

I dont really know a lot about the past history of the FAA, in what way are they bad Russ? I always had the impression that they were pretty strict on things.

Cyrus, it looks like you need a little left rudder.

Its that dang p-factor.

wolram
Gold Member
I am sure if i choose i would fly, the aircraft industry is the best regulated transport system,
any crash is investigated and 99 times out of a 100 a cause is found and recommendations ,
or even groundings follow, i agree some times the time limits for inspection or modification
are elastic and some crashes would not have occurred is they were not, but no commercial system is perfect.