Two questions about thermal radiation heat transfer

In summary, the conversation discusses the difference between blackbody emissive power (e'λb) and blackbody radiation intensity (i^{'}_{λb}), as well as the difference between a diffuse surface and a surface that follows the Lambert law. The speaker also suggests using Google or Wikipedia to find answers or gain a better understanding of the subject.
exergetic
Hi guys,
could you concretely explain me (also with a simple example) the difference between blackbody emissive power (sometimes found as e'λb) and blackbody radiation intensity ([itex]i^{'}_{λb}[/itex])? and which the difference between a diffuse surface and a surface that follows the Lambert law?

Thank you in advance. Tell me if something isn't clear.

Science news on Phys.org
Have I posted it in the wrong category?

No, this category is fine. Just remember that the more specific a question the more difficult it is to find someone who is knowledgeable in that area. I'm sure someone will be able to answer your question soon. Until then, have you searched google or wiki yourself? Often times you can find answers to your own questions or at least gain a little better understanding of the subject.

1. What is thermal radiation heat transfer?

Thermal radiation heat transfer is the transfer of heat energy through the emission and absorption of electromagnetic waves. It is a form of heat transfer that does not require a medium or direct contact between objects.

2. How does thermal radiation heat transfer occur?

Thermal radiation heat transfer occurs when an object with a temperature higher than its surroundings emits electromagnetic waves. These waves travel through space and are absorbed by other objects, causing an increase in their temperature.

3. Is thermal radiation heat transfer affected by the color of objects?

Yes, the color of objects can affect thermal radiation heat transfer. Darker objects tend to absorb and emit more radiation than lighter objects, which results in a higher rate of heat transfer.

4. Can thermal radiation heat transfer occur in a vacuum?

Yes, thermal radiation heat transfer can occur in a vacuum because it does not require a medium to transfer heat. This is why the sun's heat can reach the Earth even though there is no air in space.

5. How is thermal radiation heat transfer used in everyday life?

Thermal radiation heat transfer is used in various everyday applications, such as cooking, heating homes, and generating electricity. It is also important in industries such as manufacturing and transportation, where heat transfer plays a crucial role in the efficiency of processes and equipment.