Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

1. Dec 24, 2003 #1
    Hopefully not off topic..

Just interested if anyone wants to post a "truth" that everyone knows is wrong, but cannot prove it!

I'll start off -

You don't exist.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 24, 2003 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Good idea!

There are invisible, undetectable monsters under your bed.
  4. Dec 24, 2003 #3
    The Sock Monster really does exist.
  5. Dec 24, 2003 #4

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Any theory that does not make measurable predictions cannot be debunked.

There are undetectable gnomes resposible for all of the physical forces.

The universe is sentient/self aware.
  6. Dec 25, 2003 #5
    I could be a figment of your imagination...

And the thing about there being undetectable monsters under my bed, I've detected them before, beyatch.
  7. Dec 25, 2003 #6
    If you restrict the commonsense leeway enough, virtually everything outside of "I exist" becomes unknowable...
  8. Dec 25, 2003 #7
    If you restrict it even more the possibility that you are a figment of someone else's imagination comes into play, by which one can't even be sure of one's own existence.
  9. Dec 25, 2003 #8
    Exactly. It really is crazy that way...

But leave it to the Nihilist to deny everything (that's taking Skepticism too far)...
  10. Dec 26, 2003 #9
    Heres another:
    Nihilists are right.
  11. Dec 26, 2003 #10

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Re: Re: Undebunkables..

Not those, the other ones.
  12. Dec 26, 2003 #11
    Re: Re: Re: Undebunkables..

Jeez, I've discovered 5 different freakin phyla and over 260 different species of monsters and you're telling me there're more?
  13. Dec 27, 2003 #12
    haha nice.. i can't disprove 0 :wink:

another one i just though of - I live forever !
  14. Dec 27, 2003 #13
  15. Dec 27, 2003 #14

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

White mice are really a super intelligent race that has been torturing researchers with nonsense responses for years.

Oh yes, white mice are born with cancer; it just doesn't become detectable until later.
  16. Jan 17, 2004 #15
    I'm in a coma
    (and just dreaming all of this)

i watched the Twilight Zone marathon recently--one of the shows was Dennis Weaver (Chester of the Gunsmoke series) dreaming the same dream every night-the dream always began in the courtroom as he was being sentenced to death-

-the essential story remained the same (yet some of the 'characters' would change-a different Judge, or Priest-who were or had been people he had known in 'reality').....-he pleaded with his lawyer , a 'dreamed character' as he was in jailcell waiting to be be executed in the dream every night-and he attempted to explain his prediciment -persuading him that he (the lawyer) was 'in reality' only a 'dreamed up ' character--

"No one is tried and executed the same day!"......

If you are reading this, and saw this episode.....prove i'm not just part of YOUR DREAM.....WAKE UP!!!!
  17. Jan 17, 2004 #16
    Jesus was an alien.

I love my job.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?