University of Florida Physics, Math and Computer Science 09-10 Fall

• Schools
  • Thread starter chislam
  • Start date
  • Tags
    University
In summary, the conversation is about different individuals discussing their enrollment and plans for studying physics, math, and computer science at the University of Florida (UF). One person is a senior math major at UF, while another is planning to attend UF for graduate physics. The conversation also briefly touches on the reputation and opportunities within the UF physics department.
chislam
I'm enrolled for 09-10 Fall to begin my BS in physics at UF. Anyone else here on PF going to UF for physics, math and/or computer science?

Physics news on Phys.org
I am a senior math major at UF. I don't know much about the Physics department, though.

alligatorman said:
I am a senior math major at UF. I don't know much about the Physics department, though.

How have you liked it so far?

I am probably going there for graduate physics. It loooks like a decent program.

short circut said:
I am probably going there for graduate physics. It loooks like a decent program.

True, I met with a grad student there close to the completion of his PhD, and he loves it.

chislam said:
I'm enrolled for 09-10 Fall to begin my BS in physics at UF.

Ditto

how does UF compare to top programs like MIT, Caltech, Princeton or University of Chicago? I'm mainly concerned about undergrad for now.

Razzor7 said:
Ditto

Well, perhaps we'll become acquainted.

It's a big department and fairly well-respected (like most departments at UF). Lots of faculty and lots of research opportunities.

1. What undergraduate programs are offered in the University of Florida Physics, Math and Computer Science department for the Fall 09-10 semester?

The University of Florida offers undergraduate programs in Physics, Mathematics, and Computer Science for the Fall 09-10 semester. These programs provide students with a strong foundation in the respective fields and prepare them for further studies or careers in related industries.

2. How many credits are required to complete a degree in Physics, Math, or Computer Science at the University of Florida?

The number of credits required varies depending on the specific degree program and the student's individual course of study. However, typically students are required to complete around 120 credits to graduate with a degree in Physics, Math, or Computer Science from the University of Florida.

3. Are there any research opportunities available for undergraduate students in the Physics, Math and Computer Science department at the University of Florida?

Yes, the University of Florida offers various research opportunities for undergraduate students in the Physics, Math, and Computer Science department. These opportunities allow students to work closely with faculty members and gain hands-on experience in their field of study.

4. Can students pursue a double major or minor in two of these three departments at the University of Florida?

Yes, students have the option to pursue a double major or minor in two of these three departments at the University of Florida. However, it is important to note that this may require additional credits and may extend the time it takes to complete both degrees.

5. Are there any internship opportunities available for students in the University of Florida Physics, Math, and Computer Science department?

Yes, the University of Florida offers internship opportunities for students in the Physics, Math, and Computer Science department. These internships provide students with real-world experience and help them develop practical skills that can be applied in their future careers.