US-Isarel Alliance: A Closer Look at Interfaith Relations

• News
  • Thread starter chound
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Relations
In summary, the reason the US and Isarel are friendly is because of the religious feuds of the past. Religion is no longer a factor in their relationship. People in the past would've probably been more hostile towards each other because of religious differences.
chound
Isarel is made of Jews and US is made up of Christians but aren't Jews and Christians supposed to be enemies? How come the US and Isarel are so chummy?

Physics news on Phys.org
People don't have to hate each other simply because of milennia old religious feuds.

It's too bad the fanatics out there haven't figured this out.

chound said:
Isarel is made of Jews and US is made up of Christians but aren't Jews and Christians supposed to be enemies? How come the US and Isarel are so chummy?
Partly because of the philosophy 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' and the muslims are considered a greater enemy of christianity than the jews and partly because the Jewish people tend to be very well organised and so successfully lobby the American government to adopt pro-Israeli policies. As do many other interest groups to gain support for their particular aims and goals I might add.

chound said:
Religious hatred is no longer fasionable. What's the point?

chound said:
As stated above, there is a significant Jewish constituency with lobby power in the U.S. However, Christian interpretations of the Bible would be a better answer. Especially more recently with growing belief in the End Times and the role of Israel in prophecies. Unfortunately many forget that the three major religions of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all share similar roots, most specifically the Old Testament. Any religious hatred is indeed sad, and hopefully words like "crusade" or "jihad" will subside in time.

chound said:

What do you mean we're supposed to be enemies?

real jews in israel represent about 5 % of population, all the rest are people who took on judaism in old times and settled there in modern times.

chound said:

Anti-semitism in the West and in Western institutions like Christianity declined over the long run after World War II. Disgust over communist and fascist excesses is a commonly cited cause. Still, I suspect the West's reaction to its own contemptible insensitivity towards Jewish refugees during the war and such fortunate events as Harry Truman's ascent to the presidency and the flourishing of young, nondenominational churches through the post-war years were specifically responsible for fostering friendship between world Jewry and at least US Christians.

Rev Prez

stoned said:
real jews in israel represent about 5 % of population, all the rest are people who took on judaism in old times and settled there in modern times.

Where'd you get that idea?

Rev Prez

Rev Prez said:
Anti-semitism in the West and in Western institutions like Christianity declined over the long run after World War II. Disgust over communist and fascist excesses is a commonly cited cause. Still, I suspect the West's reaction to its own contemptible insensitivity towards Jewish refugees during the war and such fortunate events as Harry Truman's ascent to the presidency and the flourishing of young, nondenominational churches through the post-war years were specifically responsible for fostering friendship between world Jewry and at least US Christians.

Rev Prez
What is the connection between nondenominational churches (evangelical, etc. I presume) and friendship between Jews and Christians in the U.S.? As stated in my post above, I feel it is because of recent increase in belief that the Bible is literal, which includes End Time prophecies in regard to Israel. IMO this is unfortunate. Though united at this time as Infidels, Jews still consider Christians to be Gentils, and born-again Christians believe Jews will go to hell because one can only be saved through Christ. The best thing that could happen would be to keep all religious superstition out of politics.

chound said:
I don't think religions' followers are enemies.It's a matter of politics which tells you who's your friend or enemies.and right now Us and Israel could be useful for each other.They can help each other to achieve their goals.
For example why muslems are the enemies of the world right now?who knows maybe because most of them live in middle-east where there are the most prosperous sourses of oil and gass!

Well get the media to put enough cameras on them and they sure can be perceived as the enemy. I wonder what people in the east think about all this.

Pengwuino said:
Well get the media to put enough cameras on them and they sure can be perceived as the enemy. I wonder what people in the east think about all this.
What do you mean?

You put cameras on enough people firing ak's in the air and people are going to start thinking these people are the enemy.

I added that i wondered how people in the east see all this like southeast asian nations or japan or korea or the limited chinese... etc

Yes,If you put camera everywhere you'll find out enemies are everywhere.Just put camera in Iraq and you'll understand Us and UK are the enemies as well.In Israel,both sides are killing each other and coz Israel is more powerful and Us support them all the way,they're killig a lot more.JUst consider racists in everywhere and you'll realize they're worse.But before doing this,consider what you need now.I mean where you can get more benefits,so put the camera there and start a war against enemies.
What was wrong with Vietnam?please tell me why Us think that it's the godfather of the world.Just consider US societies: Violence,drug abuse or whatever are terrible but what government does?nothing just start a war against Iraq to give people their freedom...

The motivations are called best interest not religions..

1. What is the origin of the US-Israel alliance?

The US-Israel alliance has its roots in the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948. The United States was one of the first countries to recognize Israel's independence and has maintained a strong relationship with the country ever since. The alliance was further solidified during the Cold War, as Israel was seen as a strategic ally in the Middle East against the Soviet Union.

2. What are the main reasons for the close relationship between the US and Israel?

There are several reasons for the close relationship between the US and Israel. One of the main reasons is shared democratic values and a commitment to freedom and human rights. Additionally, the two countries have strong economic and military ties, with Israel being a major recipient of US aid. The US also sees Israel as a key ally in a volatile region and a partner in counterterrorism efforts.

3. How has the US-Israel alliance evolved over time?

The US-Israel alliance has evolved significantly over time. In the early years, the alliance was primarily based on security and military cooperation. However, in recent years, the relationship has expanded to include economic, cultural, and diplomatic ties. The US has also played a key role in brokering peace negotiations between Israel and its neighboring countries.

4. How does the US-Israel alliance impact interfaith relations?

The US-Israel alliance can have both positive and negative impacts on interfaith relations. On the one hand, the alliance can serve as a bridge between the Jewish and Christian communities, as both groups share a strong connection to Israel. However, the alliance has also been a source of tension for interfaith relations, as some see US support for Israel as favoring one religion over others.

5. What challenges does the US-Israel alliance face?

The US-Israel alliance faces several challenges, including ongoing conflicts in the Middle East, differing opinions on political issues, and shifting dynamics in the region. The alliance has also faced criticism from some for not doing enough to address human rights abuses and promote peace in the region. Additionally, the alliance may face challenges in the future as younger generations may have different attitudes towards Israel and the Middle East than previous generations.