Use a graph to show the region defined by these 2 inequalities

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
evosy1978
Messages
6
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Use a sketch graph to show the region defined by y<2 and y>x


The Attempt at a Solution



y<2 is easy as its anything below y=2...

but I am totally stuck on y>x.. How can I know what y is if i don't know what x is??

thanks for any help
 
Physics news on Phys.org
evosy1978 said:

Homework Statement


Use a sketch graph to show the region defined by y<2 and y>x


The Attempt at a Solution



y<2 is easy as its anything below y=2...

but I am totally stuck on y>x.. How can I know what y is if i don't know what x is??

thanks for any help

Hint -- plot the line y=x...
 
oh man of course it is... because its a linear eqaution right?

so if it were y>x-2

you would plot y=x-2

and the same as y>x

you would ploy y=x

so that's diagonal 1234567 etc...

thanks
 
evosy1978 said:
oh man of course it is... because its a linear eqaution right?

so if it were y>x-2

you would plot y=x-2

and the same as y>x

you would ploy y=x

so that's diagonal 1234567 etc...

thanks

:biggrin: