1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Use KCL and KVL to find the power supplied by the two ideal sources

1. Oct 7, 2016 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    The Question wants to find the Voltage Across The Current Source 2A and 5A
    2. Relevant equations
    KVL
    KCL
    Ohm's Law

3. The attempt at a solution
    I tried to Using KVL and KCL for all Closed paths and node but I just Couldn't Figure how to relate them to find the voltage across the ideal Current Source

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2016 #2

gneill

Staff: Mentor

Hi MHGANAINY, Welcome to Physics Forums!

You'll have to show your work so we can see what's missing or what went wrong.

4. Oct 7, 2016 #3
    The first thing you should have done is to eliminate the 5Ω resistor in parallel with the 4Io source, and also eliminate the 3Ω resistor in parallel with the 5Vy source. Those two resistors have no effect on the rest of the circuit because they're in parallel with voltage sources.

Did this problem come from a textbook, or a handout given to you by the instructor? :)) It hurts my brain to look at it. Your instructor may be a sadist, in which case we are masochists. :rolleyes:

Show your circuit with the mesh currents labeled, for example as I1, I2, I3, etc. What did you get for the mesh currents?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted