Use Thevenin’s and Norton’s theorems to find the current in RL for the

  • Thread starter Thread starter shaltera
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Current
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
shaltera
Messages
91
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Use Thevenin’s and Norton’s theorems to find the current in RL for the circuit

TASK1_A.jpg


Homework Equations


The Attempt at a Solution


Thevenin equivalent
THEV.jpg


I have calculated VTH and ZTH
VTH=33.793-j5.517
ZTH=19.068+j11.172
Then I converted them in polar forms
Thefore I calculated the current through the load resistor I=VTH/ZTH+RL
I=0.489<-18.401

Homework Statement


My problem is Norton equivalent.Can it be represented like this:
nortas.jpg


and then IN=VTH/ZTH,once I find IN can easily calculate IL=IN(ZTH/ZTH+RL)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
shaltera said:

Homework Statement


Use Thevenin’s and Norton’s theorems to find the current in RL for the circuit

TASK1_A.jpg


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


Thevenin equivalent
THEV.jpg


I have calculated VTH and ZTH
VTH=33.793-j5.517
ZTH=19.068+j11.172
Those values look fine.

Then I converted them in polar forms
Thefore I calculated the current through the load resistor I=VTH/ZTH+RL
I=0.489<-18.401
The current magnitude looks good. Maybe a typo in the second decimal place of the angle?

Homework Statement


My problem is Norton equivalent.Can it be represented like this:
nortas.jpg


and then IN=VTH/ZTH,once I find IN can easily calculate IL=IN(ZTH/ZTH+RL)
Yes, that's correct.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1 person