USGS Photo: Is this a Crashed Object?

• Thread starter Abstruce
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is discussing a link to a USGS photo on a forum, where the poster is asking for input on whether the object in the photo is a crashed object or not. Some speculate that it could be a plane or test craft, but others doubt that it is a flying saucer. The poster also questions why the photo is accessible online, despite being in restricted airspace and land. However, there is no conclusive evidence from the photo and the poster plans to continue investigating.
Physics news on Phys.org
Even if it is some crashed object like a plane, or a test craft of some kind, this certainly does not imply that it's a flying saucer. If it is, then why can we access it on the internet? :wink: That alone pretty much rules out anything extraordinary.

Abstruce said:
This link is an USGS photo at another fourm. Can anyone tell me if this is a crashed object?
From that pic, nothing can be concluded - it may be a crashed object or a large puddle.

Thank you for your input. I do believe it is a crashed object of some type. Why can we access it on the internet? This I do not know specialy when it is restricted air space and restricted land on the WSMR. What ever it is I will continue to investigate until I get an answer.

Related to USGS Photo: Is this a Crashed Object?

1. What does the object in the USGS photo look like?

The object in the USGS photo appears to be a metal cylinder with a rounded top and a flat bottom. It has a shiny surface and appears to be partially buried in the ground.

2. Is there any information on where the object was found?

According to the USGS, the photo was taken in a remote area of the desert in Nevada. The exact location has not been disclosed for security reasons.

3. Has the USGS conducted any tests on the object?

Yes, the USGS has conducted several tests on the object, including X-ray scans and chemical analysis. The results of these tests have not been made public.

4. What are some theories about the origin of the object?

There are various theories about the origin of the object, ranging from a crashed spacecraft to a piece of industrial equipment. However, without further evidence, it is impossible to determine the true origin of the object.

5. Is there any evidence to support the idea that the object is extraterrestrial?

The USGS has not released any evidence to suggest that the object is of extraterrestrial origin. Without further testing and analysis, it is impossible to determine the true nature of the object.