1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

V / F constant control of induction motor with inverter

1. Nov 7, 2013 #1
    Hello. I have to do an experiment on this topic, but there are many things I don't know. First of all, can you tell me what do the symbols V~ and A~ mean?

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 13, 2013 #2
    Can someone tell me why is the output voltage of the converter bigger than the output voltage of the inverter? The output voltage of the converter would be a DC voltage whereas the output voltage of the inverter would be an AC voltage.

4. Nov 13, 2013 #3

rude man

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

AC volts and AC current.

5. Nov 13, 2013 #4

rude man

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Why shouldn't it be?

6. Nov 13, 2013 #5
    Hmmm, I guess the reason is the output voltage of the converter is the supply voltage for the inverter and output voltage can never exceed the input voltage. But I am not sure if that's enough reason for that.

7. Nov 14, 2013 #6

rude man

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

???

You can get any output voltage > or < input voltage with the right design.

For example, I have an inverter sitting in my garage that converts 12 VDC from a car battery to 115V AC 60 Hz to drive my TV set etc. if there is a power outage in my house.

8. Nov 14, 2013 #7
    But the supply voltage, which is the output voltage of the converter should be bigger than the output voltage of the inverter, right? That's my question and I am trying to find the reason for that. I just guess that it's because the output voltage can't exceed the voltage supply. I said input earlier, I meant to say supply.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted