V / F constant control of induction motor with inverter

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 3K views
MissP.25_5
Messages
329
Reaction score
0
Hello. I have to do an experiment on this topic, but there are many things I don't know. First of all, can you tell me what do the symbols V~ and A~ mean?
 
Attachments
  • IMG_5273.jpg
    IMG_5273.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 516
Physics news on Phys.org
Can someone tell me why is the output voltage of the converter bigger than the output voltage of the inverter? The output voltage of the converter would be a DC voltage whereas the output voltage of the inverter would be an AC voltage.
 
MissP.25_5 said:
Hello. I have to do an experiment on this topic, but there are many things I don't know. First of all, can you tell me what do the symbols V~ and A~ mean?

AC volts and AC current.
 
MissP.25_5 said:
Can someone tell me why is the output voltage of the converter bigger than the output voltage of the inverter? The output voltage of the converter would be a DC voltage whereas the output voltage of the inverter would be an AC voltage.

Why shouldn't it be?
 
rude man said:
Why shouldn't it be?

Hmmm, I guess the reason is the output voltage of the converter is the supply voltage for the inverter and output voltage can never exceed the input voltage. But I am not sure if that's enough reason for that.
 
MissP.25_5 said:
output voltage can never exceed the input voltage. But I am not sure if that's enough reason for that.

?

You can get any output voltage > or < input voltage with the right design.

For example, I have an inverter sitting in my garage that converts 12 VDC from a car battery to 115V AC 60 Hz to drive my TV set etc. if there is a power outage in my house.
 
rude man said:
?

You can get any output voltage > or < input voltage with the right design.

For example, I have an inverter sitting in my garage that converts 12 VDC from a car battery to 115V AC 60 Hz to drive my TV set etc. if there is a power outage in my house.

But the supply voltage, which is the output voltage of the converter should be bigger than the output voltage of the inverter, right? That's my question and I am trying to find the reason for that. I just guess that it's because the output voltage can't exceed the voltage supply. I said input earlier, I meant to say supply.