Vagina Dentata

• Thread starter olek1991
  • Start date
cronxeh
Gold Member
This thread is as tasteless as the stories about surgical instruments being left behind after hysterectomy, and the male organ coming into contact with them during coitus.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
And if you google the term you can find a picture of the real deal. Altho I doubt that the mods would like me posting it :P

A definitive claim was made.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
No it's a condition seen rarely PERIOD... and this doctor plus the numerous people who probably know more about medical biology than you do don't count as definitive sources that this condition can and most likely has occured???

No, hearsay is not a definitive source.

What do you need a picture of a vagina with a tooth in it? Like what the heck just accept the condition is possible and move on.

I told you that we need a reference to a medical journal that states this as fact.

cronxeh
Gold Member
You know how anyone can tell there is no such thing as Vagina Dentata? Vagina has an acidic environment which will destroy the dentin from forming.

QED.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Personal theories are not appropriate either. Either we have a proper reference or we don't.

cronxeh
Gold Member
Personal theories are not appropriate either. Either we have a proper reference or we don't.

Thats like asking for a reference that god doesnt exist.

"..the odontoblast intracellular pH was found to be 6.66±0.02"
"the pH in the extracellular predentin was higher than the intracellular pH, 7.00±0.02"

http://www.springerlink.com/content/387625t20l862w22/

Normal vaginal pH is 3.8 to 4.5

So unless you are packing yogurt in with sodium bicarbonate and supplemental calcium with odontoblasts, I don't see how this is anything but an urban myth. Although wait for the train of evolutionary biologists who will say 'well these are the normal operating pH values, you dont have any experimental data to suggest that dentin wont form at lower pH around 4.5" :grumpy:

Anyways seeing as the google search for dermoid cysts and a link to a wiki page about dermoid cysts wasn't good enough. Must be a medical journal (even though wiki is used as a source COUNTLESS times on this forum)

Here's one I dug up specifically on a vaginal dermoid cyst:
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/fulltext/104083805/PDFSTART
Vaginal dermoid cyst is a rare finding.
The finding of a paravaginal cyst is not uncommon in
clinical examination, but making an accurate diagnosis
is sometimes difficult. Most of these cysts are either
derived from embryological remnants or are epithelial
inclusion cysts. We report the sonographic characteristics
of a vaginal lesion that was diagnosed histopathologically
as a rare dermoid cyst.

Next up I assume you want a source from a medical journal stating that dermoid cysts can form teeth?
Here's a case study of a man with a cyst in his cecum (intestine) and they specifically point out that there was:
No calcification, hair, teeth, or bone elements was detected.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12073078
Wonder why they would point that out???

Here's from a pamphlet on Ovarian Cysts:
Dermoid cysts form from a type of cell capable of developing into different kinds of tissue, such as skin, hair, fat, and teeth. Dermoid cysts may be present from birth but grow during a woman’s reproductive years. These cysts may be found on one or both ovaries. Dermoid cysts often are small and may not cause symptoms. If they become large, they may cause pain.
http://www.acog.org/publications/patient_education/bp075.cfm [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

"the pH in the extracellular predentin was higher than the intracellular pH, 7.00±0.02"

So unless you are packing yogurt in with sodium bicarbonate and supplemental calcium with odontoblasts, I don't see how this is anything but an urban myth

I'm not asking for proof that this never occurs. I am asking for proof that it does. You made a definitive statement that is not directly supported by a proper medical reference.

You know how anyone can tell there is no such thing as Vagina Dentata? Vagina has an acidic environment which will destroy the dentin from forming.

QED.

No, not QED. That is an argument, not a fact.

So unless you are packing yogurt in with sodium bicarbonate and supplemental calcium with odontoblasts, I don't see how this is anything but an urban myth. Although wait for the train of evolutionary biologists who will say 'well these are the normal operating pH values, you dont have any experimental data to suggest that dentin wont form at lower pH around 4.5" :grumpy:
Or wait for someone to point out to you that it's inside a CYST. If you can understand what that means.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Okay, there was a timing issue in that I was posting and editing off-topic posts while zomgwtf was posting the required links. The thread is open.

Last edited:
It seems to me that if there were any truth to the notion that men harbor a fear of the mythical vagina dentata they would not be so frequently eager to put their thing somewhere else where it is well documented there are teeth.

It seems to me that if there were any truth to the notion that men harbor a fear of the mythical vagina dentata they would not be so frequently eager to put their thing somewhere else where it is well documented there are teeth.

Did you read the reports I posted?

First off paravaginal dermoid cysts are incredibly rare. The for them to have teeth in them isn't as common as them just have a clump of hair. So this means it would be even more rarer for teeth/bone matter to form in a paravaginal dermoid cyst. As far as I could tell there have only been 5 reported cases of dermoid cysts in recorded english medicine. The first one was from the late 1800s (I'm pretty sure). I would post some more reports but there are some quite graphic images of inside the vagina and the cyst/removal of the sebaeceous material.

Did you read the reports I posted?

First off paravaginal dermoid cysts are incredibly rare. The for them to have teeth in them isn't as common as them just have a clump of hair. So this means it would be even more rarer for teeth/bone matter to form in a paravaginal dermoid cyst. As far as I could tell there have only been 5 reported cases of dermoid cysts in recorded english medicine. The first one was from the late 1800s (I'm pretty sure). I would post some more reports but there are some quite graphic images of inside the vagina and the cyst/removal of the sebaeceous material.
I have no idea what this has to do with the comment I posted. My remark is completely neutral toward your posts.

I have no idea what this has to do with the comment I posted. My remark is completely neutral toward your posts.

You're trying to make it look like 'vagina dentata' is a mythical occurance and this is shown by how easily guys can toss it aside and have sex unafraid of teeth. That's what I understood at least.

If you're just saying that men aren't afraid of vagina dentata then I don't see the point in your post.

Borek
Mentor
You want zooby's post to be parallel to the thread, while it is perpendicular.

You're trying to make it look like 'vagina dentata' is a mythical occurance and this is shown by how easily guys can toss it aside and have sex unafraid of teeth. That's what I understood at least.

If you're just saying that men aren't afraid of vagina dentata then I don't see the point in your post.
Yeah, sort of, you mostly got it right, vaguely.

What I'm saying is that men are usually pretty enthusiastic about women performing oral sex on them. It's well documented that women have teeth in their mouths. So, why would men be afraid of teeth in the vagina? Eh?

Yeah, sort of, you mostly got it right, vaguely.

What I'm saying is that men are usually pretty enthusiastic about women performing oral sex on them. It's well documented that women have teeth in their mouths. So, why would men be afraid of teeth in the vagina? Eh?

OH, Sorry I missed the 'somewhere' else part of it... I didn't know you were talking about a comparisson to oral sex. :rofl:. My bad. I think since the vagina is 'tighter' and can't be opened up to have the teeth not touch though makes it different... I mean I think it would definitely hurt to have vaginal sex and have your penis rub against a tooth or bone inside there.

OH, Sorry I missed the 'somewhere' else part of it... I didn't know you were talking about a comparisson to oral sex. :rofl:. My bad. I think since the vagina is 'tighter' and can't be opened up to have the teeth not touch though makes it different... I mean I think it would definitely hurt to have vaginal sex and have your penis rub against a tooth or bone inside there.
You forced me to vivisect a perfectly good witticism. You'll pay for THAT, young man, you'll pay for THAT!!!!

You forced me to vivisect a perfectly good witticism. You'll pay for THAT, young man, you'll pay for THAT!!!!

ugh. Hopefully later then sooner.

Sly commentary loses all impact if one needs to unpack it. Although zomgwtf's misunderstanding was pretty funny all on its own. Sort of a "who's on first" routine.

And, yes, I have absolutely nothing to add to the actual subject matter presented here.

I always thought this was simply a Freudian/Jungian concept. Seems a bit like trying to find Noah's Ark, it misses the point. I would add that while men are eager to place their manhood so to speak, near teeth, there is the implicit understanding that the man or woman involved would have to bite them. Consider how many stories you hear about unpleasant oral experiences, and then remove the need to bite and add the surprise factor of a toothy nether region and yeah, on its face that's a whole different game.

Besides, one is in a fairly submissive position if you're performing oral sex, compared to vaginal intercourse, and men have mouths which are familiar. Biting someone's genitals is a pretty extreme thing, and I believe all parties involved know that. Compare that to the implicit "sneak attack" of mythical toothed vaginas. Some women have issues with the penis, some men have issues with the vagina; for all that we are hopefully intimately familiar with alternative equipment, it's not the same as having it.

Sly commentary loses all impact if one needs to unpack it.
If only my audience got my jokes, I'd be a great comedian.

By that logic, Andy Kaufman wasn't a great comedian. Give yourself more credit.

cronxeh
Gold Member

You had me laughing for like 10 seconds man, it was good. I'd just be careful as Ivan is deleting posts left and right from this thread that are off-topic, granted zomgwtf keeps posting stuff that has nothing to do with literal Vagina Dentata.

And as for zomgwtf: I know what a cyst is, and as I said before, a cyst does not count as part of an organ, therefore you should stop bringing it up here, especially since it is not in any way calcified matter and does not even come close to be classified as teeth.

As far as I'm concerned unless someone posts an actual case study of a solid matter that was growing in the vaginal lining, be it cancer or some strange bacterial mutation, Vagina Dermata is an urban myth.