Vector Acceleration: Is 1/2at Equivalent?

In summary, the conversation discusses finding the equivalent vector of an acceleration and how to find the velocity vector for a given acceleration. It also mentions the relationship between acceleration, force, and velocity.
batballbat
What is the equivalent vector of an acceleration a in terms of vector. Isnt it 1/2 at? In my book it is at

Physics news on Phys.org
If the poster can be more clear about what is his difficulty one can give some help.

there is an acceleration vector. What will be the velocity vector for that motion for time t?

Given a vector for acceleration at time t one can find the vector for the velocity at the same time t by integrating with respect to t the vector for acceleration.

e.g

if [itex]\underline{a}[/itex] = 4t[itex]\underline{i}[/itex] + t[itex]^{2}[/itex][itex]\underline{j}[/itex]

then [itex]\underline{v}[/itex] = 2t[itex]^{2}[/itex][itex]\underline{i}[/itex]+ [itex]\frac{t^{3}}{3}[/itex][itex]\underline{j}[/itex] + some constant vector.

suppose a force is acting on a point with acceleration a. What would be the velocity vector for the same effect?

[itex]\underline{v}[/itex] = [itex]\int[/itex][itex]\underline{a}[/itex]dt

but [itex]\underline{F}[/itex] = m[itex]\underline{a}[/itex]

therefore

[itex]\underline{v}[/itex] = [itex]\int[/itex][itex]\frac{\underline{F}}{m}[/itex]dt

What is vector acceleration?

Vector acceleration is the rate at which the velocity of an object changes in both magnitude and direction over time.

What does 1/2at represent in vector acceleration?

1/2at represents the change in an object's velocity over time due to a constant acceleration of a. It is commonly used in equations and formulas involving vector acceleration.

Is 1/2at equivalent to other forms of vector acceleration?

Yes, 1/2at is equivalent to other forms of vector acceleration, such as at/2, 2a/t, and 0.5at. These forms all represent the same change in velocity over time due to a constant acceleration.

How do I calculate vector acceleration using 1/2at?

To calculate vector acceleration using 1/2at, simply plug in the values for a (acceleration) and t (time) into the equation 1/2at. The result will be the change in velocity over the given time period.

Why is 1/2at used in equations involving vector acceleration?

1/2at is used in equations involving vector acceleration because it simplifies the calculations and allows for easier manipulation of variables. It also has a physical meaning, representing the average acceleration over a given time interval.