Vectors find following in terms of x

  • Thread starter Thread starter BeckyStar678
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Terms Vectors
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
BeckyStar678
Messages
22
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


express the following in terms of x, given that m,n,o and p are each 8 m long.
so the first diagram has x pointing upward and then m connected, pointing downward (forming roof shape) and the angle formed is 140 degrees (under the roof).
the next one is also a roof shape but x and n are pointing in diff dirrections instead of the same way. if x is extended, i can't really make a right triangle. so I am confused.


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



fr the first one, do i just extend x to make a right triangle on m and then get 40 degrees for one of the angles. so i would get 6 for the line that was extended. is this the answer?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I can't visualise this problem and can't understand what it is you are actually trying to express in terms of x...

Short of drawing a diagram, do you think you've explained the problem well enough for someone here, someone who's never seen the problem before, to answer it?
 
Sorry Becky I know i asked you to draw a diagram but I still can't quite get my head round this..

You might want to repost this problem if no one replies to this post.