Venn Diagrams Concepts(including advanced concepts)

In summary, I am confused with Venn diagrams questions. Can i find some online resources which explains its concepts(including advanced concepts). Eg. 3circled(A,B,C) diagram is there. Find minimum/max. possible of ONLY A such that B is minimum/maximum - how to do these type of questions?
dragonball
Goodevening,
I am confused with Venn diagrams questions(2/3 circle diagrams). Can i find some online resources which explains its concepts(including advanced concepts). Eg. 3circled(A,B,C) diagram is there. Find minimum/max. possible of ONLY A such that B is minimum/maximum - how to do these type of questions?

Physics news on Phys.org
dragonball said:
Goodevening,
I am confused with Venn diagrams questions(2/3 circle diagrams). Can i find some online resources which explains its concepts(including advanced concepts). Eg. 3circled(A,B,C) diagram is there. Find minimum/max. possible of ONLY A such that B is minimum/maximum - how to do these type of questions?

Venn diagrams are used to interpret and decide which of Aristotle's syllogisms are vaid or not.

There are no 'minimum/maximum' relations here.

Well, see following Question then:

100 students appeared in exam having 3sections A,B,C. No. of students who cleared the cutoff in A,B,C=43,65,37 respectiely. Every student cleared cutoff in atleast 1section.

a)If no. of students who cleared cutoff ONLY in B=Max possible, find no. of students who cleared cutoff in all 3sections.

b)If 0(no) students cleared cutoff ONLY in A, find minimum possible no. of students who cleared cutoff ONLY in B.

dragonball said:

100 students appeared in exam having 3sections A,B,C. No. of students who cleared the cutoff in A,B,C=43,65,37 respectiely. Every student cleared cutoff in atleast 1section.

a)If no. of students who cleared cutoff ONLY in B=Max possible, find no. of students who cleared cutoff in all 3sections.

b)If 0(no) students cleared cutoff ONLY in A, find minimum possible no. of students who cleared cutoff ONLY in B.

Where is your question??

What does this gibberish have to do with syllogistic logic??

Hi, dragonball,

Sure you are not asking about the counting method known as inclusion-exclusion? If you told us the title of the textbook and/or course you are taking, I bet the answer would be obviously "yes"!

FYI, there is a special forum at PF for homework questions which has some special rules.

Owen Holden said:
Where is your question??

What does this gibberish have to do with syllogistic logic??
It doesn't look like gibberish to me. :grumpy:

I'm not sure why you continue to insist upon mentioning syllogistic logic -- the opening poster is clearly interested in using the Venn diagram as a convenient way to visualize the different combinations of 3 Boolean predicates (e.g. "passed section B") and the associated measure (e.g. "65 students passed section B").

dragonball said:

hey please let me know the answers as soon as possible..
is it
q1) 0
q2) 30
thnx..

For anything having to do with questions such as "Find minimum/max. possible of ONLY A such that B is minimum/maximum - how to do these type of questions? " and Venns, if I recall correctly, fuzzy set theory should cover this. Also, for advanced topics, more than three circles can be used for Venns It sounds simplistic but the Wikipedia article is informative: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venn_diagram . See also, for applications Venns and hamming codes, such as: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamming(7,4) .

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is a Venn diagram?

A Venn diagram is a visual tool used to show the relationships between different groups or sets of data. It consists of overlapping circles or shapes that represent each set, with the common elements in the overlapping regions.

2. What are the basic components of a Venn diagram?

The basic components of a Venn diagram include the sets or groups being compared, the overlapping regions, and the non-overlapping regions. The sets are usually represented by circles or shapes, and the overlapping regions represent the common elements between the sets.

3. What are some advanced uses of Venn diagrams?

Some advanced uses of Venn diagrams include using multiple circles to compare more than three sets, using different shapes or colors to represent different types of data, and using percentages or proportions within the diagram to show the relative size of each set.

4. How can Venn diagrams be helpful in data analysis?

Venn diagrams can be helpful in data analysis by visually representing the relationships between different sets of data. They can also help identify common elements or patterns within the data, and can be used to compare and contrast different groups or categories.

5. What are some limitations of Venn diagrams?

Some limitations of Venn diagrams include the difficulty in accurately representing complex or overlapping data, the potential for misinterpretation if the diagram is not labeled or explained clearly, and the limited ability to show numerical data or precise measurements.