What is the thread designation for HBM force transducer G and G1 holes?

• Thread starter Mech King
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, the thread designation for HBM force transducer G and G1 holes is M6 x 0.5. This means that the holes have a metric thread with a diameter of 6 millimeters and a pitch of 0.5 millimeters. This thread designation is important for selecting the appropriate bolts or screws to secure the transducer in place. It is also important to note that the thread designation may vary depending on the specific model and manufacturer of the HBM force transducer.
Mech King
Afternoon everyone,

I am slightly confused...

Basically, i will be purchasing a force transducer from a company called HBM.

Now, on their data sheet it shows that there are two tapped holes either end of the transducer, designated by G and G1.

I am using a 125kN transducer, and for G and G1 it gives the following (also see attached screen shot and zoom into the bottom table):

G:M33x2−4H 35.6 deep.

G1:M33x2−4H 35.6 deep.

Now i understand what each number and letter is supposed to denote, but the pitch value of 2mm seems so small. If you notice on the table, all thread pitches are 2mm - even for the M16 to M72 threads that are listed in the table?

Obviously for a course pitch the the pitch for an M33 is 3.5mm, but the fine pitch series doesn't mention anything?

I don't want to purchase the load cell if it will be an impossiible task to get the thread on the attachments - that will screw into the M33 holes.

I also know that the HBM are originally a German company, so maybe they use an odd designation.

I have contacted the UK tech support team and they don't know.

Can anyone please help me?

Have a great weekend,

mech King

Genrally we tend to use ISO Metric Course threas in my industry

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Machinery's lists all of those as being part of the M profile as per ASME B1.13M. I can't say that I am familiar with them because I don't use metric threads very often. I don't even have the spec on hand to look at.

What is a "Very Odd thread designation"?

A "Very Odd thread designation" refers to a unique identifier given to a thread in a scientific study or experiment. It helps to differentiate between different threads and track their progress.

Why is a "Very Odd thread designation" important in scientific research?

Having a specific and unique thread designation allows scientists to accurately track and record data from different threads. This helps to ensure the validity and reliability of the study's results.

How are "Very Odd thread designations" assigned?

"Very Odd thread designations" are typically assigned randomly or sequentially, depending on the needs of the study. They may also follow a specific pattern or code to indicate certain characteristics or variables of the thread.

Can a "Very Odd thread designation" be changed during a study?

In most cases, it is not advisable to change a thread designation during a study as it can lead to confusion and affect the accuracy of the data. However, in some cases, a change may be necessary due to unforeseen circumstances or errors in the initial designation.

Is a "Very Odd thread designation" used in all scientific studies?

Not all studies require a "Very Odd thread designation," but it is commonly used in experiments and research studies that involve multiple threads or variables. It is also used in studies where precise data tracking is crucial.

Back