VOTE Photo Contest - A Moment Of Reflection (Group 1/2)

In summary, there is a contest happening with outstanding pictures in 2 different voting threads. Participants are asked to vote for the picture that best represents the theme of depicting a reflection. The choices include Chi Meson, larkspur, neutrino, pitot-tube, glondor, and ZapperZ. The conversation includes discussions on the various photos and a reminder for people to vote before the deadline.

VOTE PF Photo Contest - A Moment Of Reflection (Group 1/2)

• Chi Meson

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • larkspur

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • neutrino

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • pitot-tube

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • glondor

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • ZapperZ

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
This could be a brutal voting process. There are many outstanding pictures in this contest. The pictures are in 2 different voting threads, so you have 1 vote for each group.

Please vote for the picture that best represents our theme, which is to depict a reflection.

1. Chi Meson
Tetons.jpg

2. larkspur
2203883216_e8fba93e95_o.jpg

3. neutrino
IMG_0027.jpg

4. pitot-tube
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1028/fxgjdfrtht3.jpg

5. glondor
IMG_7571.jpg

6. ZapperZ
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/3440/img8389cs2.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=209743"

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Tough, tough, tough.

Larkspur's shot is really good, but Glondor's is a bit more interesting to look at (even though that orange cable bisecting the shot is unfortunate).

I had a hard time choosing between the first three, but realizing that the light from the flash had to bounce off the water to the cat's eyes then back to the camera... OK. neutrino has this one, for me.

turbo-1 said:
I had a hard time choosing between the first three, but realizing that the light from the flash had to bounce off the water to the cat's eyes then back to the camera... OK. neutrino has this one, for me.
And it was one big fluke! Thanks, turbo. :)

As can be seen, the photo is poorly focussed - that was just my second day with the camera.

larkspur's photo is gorgeous beyond gorgeous.

turbo-1 said:
Me, too, for the same reason.

Just a reminder that you have 2 days left to vote in the first round of this contest. So get your vote in if you haven't done so already.

Zz.

What is the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - A Moment Of Reflection (Group 1/2)?"

The "VOTE PF Photo Contest - A Moment Of Reflection (Group 1/2)" is a photography competition organized by the non-profit organization, Photographers for the Future (PF). The contest aims to raise awareness about important social and environmental issues through the power of photography.

Who can participate in the contest?

The contest is open to all photographers, professional or amateur, from around the world. The only requirement is that the submitted photos must align with the theme of "A Moment Of Reflection." Participants must also be at least 18 years old.

How can I submit my photo for the contest?

To submit your photo, you must first register on the contest website and create a profile. Once registered, you can upload your photo and provide a brief description of the image and how it relates to the theme. You can submit up to three photos per person.

How are the winners selected?

The winners will be selected through a combination of public voting and a panel of judges. The public can vote for their favorite photos on the contest website, and the photos with the most votes will move on to the final round. The panel of judges will then select the top three winners from the finalists.

What are the prizes for the winners?

The top three winners will receive cash prizes, with the first-place winner receiving a larger prize. In addition, the winning photos will be featured on the PF website and social media pages, and may also be displayed in a physical exhibition. All participants will also receive a certificate of participation.