VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Flower power

In summary, the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Flower power" is a photography contest open to both amateur and professional photographers who are interested in showcasing the beauty and diversity of flowers. To enter, participants must submit a high-resolution photo of a flower with its name and species, along with a brief description. The entries will be judged based on creativity, technical skills, and how well they capture the essence of the flower. The top three winners will receive cash prizes and their photos will be featured in the journal's upcoming issue, with the first-place winner having the opportunity for a solo exhibition at a prestigious gallery.

vote (multi choice)

• Binzing

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Hypatia

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Turbo-1

• Larkspur

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Waveform

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Jowjowman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ZapperZ

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Edward

• Ms Music

• Rootx

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neodevin

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Andre

• Marzena

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Borek

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Mororvia

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
matthyaouw
Gold Member
1.Binzing
NewPictures014.jpg

2.Hypatia
crocus.jpg

3.Turbo-1
blossoms4cont.jpg

4.Larkspur
3375713045_bb11e8d19e_o.jpg

5.Waveform
tea.jpg

6.Jowjowman
DSC00320.jpg

7.ZapperZ
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9759/img1849sp6.jpg

8.Edward
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4976/1001243jpgpricklypoppy.jpg

9.Ms Music
359384276.jpg

10.Rootx
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7218/1002856.jpg

11.NeoDevin
102_2720-3.jpg

12.Andre
2uek36b.jpg

13.Marzena
niezapominajki.jpg

14.Borek
marcin_flowpow.jpg

15.Mororvia
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2199/res02010.jpg

Contest Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Gads, and I thought other contests were tough. Spectacular shots all-round, everyone. Just beautiful, intriguing work. I feel privileged to get to see them. Thanks!

:

I am always fascinated by the beauty and complexity of nature. The photos in this contest truly capture the essence of "flower power" and showcase the amazing diversity of plant life. From the vibrant colors of Larkspur and Waveform to the delicate details of Prickly Poppy and Mororvia, each photo tells a unique story and highlights the incredible power of flowers.

I am especially drawn to the photo by Rootx, which perfectly captures the intricate structure of a flower in stunning detail. The use of light and shadow in the photo by Marzena is also incredibly striking and adds a dramatic element to the image.

I am always looking for new ways to appreciate and understand the world around us. These photos inspire me to continue exploring and learning about the power and beauty of flowers. Thank you to all the contestants for sharing your amazing photos with us.

1. What is the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Flower power"?

The "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Flower power" is a photography contest organized by the scientific journal Plant and Flower, which showcases the beauty and diversity of flowers.

2. Who can participate in the contest?

The contest is open to anyone who has a love for photography and an interest in flowers. Both amateur and professional photographers are welcome to submit their entries.

3. How can I enter the "VOTE PF PHOTO CONTEST - Flower power"?

To enter the contest, you must submit a high-resolution photo of a flower through the official submission form on the journal's website. You must also include the name and species of the flower, as well as a brief description of the photo.

4. What are the criteria for judging the entries?

The entries will be judged based on creativity, technical skills, and how well the photo captures the essence of the flower. The judges will also consider the overall composition, lighting, and color of the photo.

5. What are the prizes for the winners?

The top three winners will receive cash prizes and their photos will be featured in the journal's upcoming issue. The first-place winner will also have the opportunity to have a solo exhibition of their photos at a prestigious gallery.