VOTE Photo Contest - Humpty Dumpty

In summary, the conversation was about a contest where participants had to vote for the best interpretation of a scene in the nursery rhyme "Humpty Dumpty". There were various interpretations and it was a tough decision for voters. Moonbear's metaphor for the fall of Wall Street caught the attention of many voters and won the competition. There were only a few hours left for voting and it was a close competition between Moonbear and Integral. In the end, Moonbear emerged as the winner by a small margin.

VOTE PF Photo Contest - Humpty Dumpty

• Borek

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • turbo-1

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • larkspur

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • edward

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • ZapperZ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Integral

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Moonbear

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Andre

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Alex:)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
We have a large variety of interpretation to this week's contest. So the voting will be interesting.

PLEASE NOTE: You must vote for the picture that BEST REPRESENTS an interpretation of a scene in the nursery rhyme. The representation should be clear.

1. Borek : Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
humpty.jpg

2. turbo-1 : Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
juicegrapes.jpg

3. larkspur : All the King's horses, And all the King's men, Couldn't put Humpty together again!
2748628078_67232e9a24_o.jpg

4. edward : All the king's horses, And all of the king's men.
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/1681/img0097zn3.jpg

5. ZapperZ : All the king's horses, And All the king's men.
img0685dr9.jpg

6. Integral : Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall.
humpty.jpg

7. Moonbear : Humpty Dumpty sat on a Wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great Fall.
WallStreet.jpg

8. Andre : Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall.
humptydumpty.jpg

9. Alex:) : Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall.
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/492/dsc01871oz9.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=249130".

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh, I'm torn, at least I have narrowed it down to two.

This was a tough one. I went with literal interpretation and voted for Integral. :biggrin:

I can already see it's going to be a close competition.

I'm between turbo and moonbear, turbo has a clever twist, as we are heading into fall, it made me laugh, with a little fermentation, Humpty could have a "really" great fall.

Moonbear's interpretation is a double, first the non-physical wall of Wall Street and the market's recent fall. Very clever.

Moonbear wins my vote: very clever indeed :approve:

I liked Moonbear's metaphor best.

Mine was for Moonbear too.

You have less than 2 days left to cast a vote in this contest.

Zz.

With a few more hours to go, looks like Moonbear is going to win this one unless Integral can catch her during the final hours! Will this come to a fingertip touch separated only by 0.01 second?

Zz.

I had to go with Moonbear for the reasons I cited above. Very clever. turbo was close for his clever twist also.

ZapperZ said:
With a few more hours to go, looks like Moonbear is going to win this one unless Integral can catch her during the final hours! Will this come to a fingertip touch separated only by 0.01 second?

Zz.

I guess I better not give into the temptation to bite my nails then! :bugeye:

Moonbear's metaphor is just too scary for me. I found Borek's photo clever and playful, but turbo's artistry won me over.

Woohoooooo goooo Moonbear!

Are we there yet?

Yay Moonbear! You won one! :biggrin:

1. What is the purpose of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Humpty Dumpty"?

The purpose of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Humpty Dumpty" is to showcase creative and unique photographs of the famous nursery rhyme character, Humpty Dumpty, and allow the public to vote for their favorite image.

2. How can I participate in the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Humpty Dumpty"?

To participate in the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Humpty Dumpty", you can submit your own photograph of Humpty Dumpty through the official contest website. The submission period typically lasts for a set amount of time and is open to anyone who meets the eligibility criteria.

3. Who can vote in the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Humpty Dumpty"?

The "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Humpty Dumpty" is open to the general public, and anyone can vote for their favorite photograph. However, some contests may have specific rules or limitations on who can vote, so it's important to check the official rules before casting your vote.

4. How are the winners of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Humpty Dumpty" selected?

The winners of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Humpty Dumpty" are typically selected through a combination of public voting and judging by a panel of experts. The exact criteria for selecting winners may vary depending on the contest, but it often includes factors such as creativity, originality, and adherence to the theme.

5. What prizes can I win in the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Humpty Dumpty"?

The prizes for the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Humpty Dumpty" may vary depending on the contest, but they can include cash prizes, gift cards, photography equipment, or other valuable items. It's important to check the official rules for the specific contest to see what prizes are being offered.