Vr in Thermo: What is It and What Is It Used For?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Darknes51986
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Thermo
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 7K views
Darknes51986
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
what is Vr... I know how to get Vr from my text but not sure what it is and what its used for...Im trying to find values for internal energy for an otto cycle question...im working on EES but only know how to get the values for Vr from the text
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Darknes51986 said:
what is Vr... I know how to get Vr from my text but not sure what it is and what its used for...Im trying to find values for internal energy for an otto cycle question...im working on EES but only know how to get the values for Vr from the text

what is Vr?:confused:
Is it some function in EES? or is it the compression ratio?
 
I think it is used in an ideal gas formula and is used also in calculating for properties in the otto cycle...I was just curious because I had a homework problem where the answer guide used Vr but the text did not use Vr in any of its examples even though it had a list of Vr values. I don't know what Vr is called either... Good thing the final didn't have a problem like that on it
 
Darknes51986 said:
what is Vr... I know how to get Vr from my text but not sure what it is and what its used for...Im trying to find values for internal energy for an otto cycle question...im working on EES but only know how to get the values for Vr from the text

Doesn't ring any bells off hand. I'll look through some Thermo text's and see what I can find...although it should be in your text if it uses it.

CS