Want to Become an Astronaut? Here's How!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ahmadsh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Astronaut
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
12 replies · 5K views
Ahmadsh
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Hi every body ,anyone can give me any idea about my Question !
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I believe most astronauts are taken from the military (specifically as former test pilots). The astronaut program is VERY selective.
 
z-component said:
I believe most astronauts are taken from the military (specifically as former test pilots). The astronaut program is VERY selective.
Yes it is very selective, but the military is NOT the main place. 99% of the pilots are from the military, but the mission specialists are comprised of a lot of civilians.

http://www.nasajobs.nasa.gov/astronauts/

Check out the requirements and see if you meet them. As was previously mentioned, it is extremely cut throat competitive.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
to cyrusabdollahi

To cyrusabdollahi what do you mean by your words when you replay to my question?
 
Ahmadsh said:
To cyrusabdollahi what do you mean by your words when you replay to my question?

He was just being funny. Have you read the NASA link that FredGarvin posted? Are you already a pilot? Or are you interested more in the Mission Specialist angle?
 
Hello berkeman

berkeman said:
He was just being funny. Have you read the NASA link that FredGarvin posted? Are you already a pilot? Or are you interested more in the Mission Specialist angle?

Ok,but I don't think he is a funny whatever,I read the link &I'm not the pilot I'm engineering my major "communication" and i asked my Question in order to
Curiosity and i want to know
 
Are you even an American? Your odds of becoming an astronaut with that background are extremely slim with that kind of background and utterly nonexistent if you are not from the US and of that background. If you really want to make an attempt to become an astronaut, you'll need to get a science/technical education.
 
You have to be American to be a NASA astronaut -- don't you?

Best bet would be to make a load of money in something else and buy a ticket with the Russians :biggrin:
 
thanxxxxxxxxxxx to all People I'm so sorry if my Question has Angered you
&i'm so sorry for my weak language in Expression
 
American citizenship for NASA, I believe. They certainly do take candidates of various nationalities though, although your english has to be perfect. The same goes for ESA who are likewise getting through quite a few astronauts. Again, I believe their primary command language is English.
 
Pay $20million to the RSA, pass their physical and up you go!

:P