1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to become an astronaut with electronics background?

1. Oct 9, 2011 #1
    Hello,
    Am from India and am going to finish my engineering in electronics and communications in 2012. I want to become an astronaut. I made wrong step while choosing the specialization in engineering. Now am searching for opportunities to become an astronaut.

If you are from U.S.A or from germany or from some other country and if you don't know about options to become an astronaut in India, suggest the ways to become an astronaut in your country with electronics background. Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 12, 2011 #2
    need a phd
    need to be in military
    need to be incredibly healthy
    need to be have mastery of the selected language in the country you are being an astronaut for.

4. Oct 19, 2011 #3
  5. Oct 20, 2011 #4
    What's wrong with engineering? Looks like a good first step. But learn to fly in your spare time, gliders if you can't afford anything else, and do all the astronautic/aeronautic engineering you can.

Learn Russian. The two Indian astronauts on Wikipeda were involved in the Russian space programme.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Indian_astronauts

I'm in the UK, which is no place to become an astronaut. I haven't heard much in that line being offered in Europe at all. So stay in India - think about Russia - copy what the other Indian astronauts did, and be *very* brave. (Air Force test pilot seems to be the main qualification...)

6. Oct 25, 2011 #5
    engineering is good step for you. you can make your career in engineering ,don't go away from her path.

7. Nov 6, 2011 #6
    My advise...dont come to the US we dont have a space program

8. Nov 16, 2011 #7
    Thanks to all for clarifying my confusion!!I tried for flying... But they stopped me because I have eyesight of 7.!! Am planning for aerospace! Can someone suggest me the place where the education is good for aerospace??

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook