Wanted: Looking for a helmholtz coil in Brisbane, QLD AUS

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
WannabeSmart
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, I'm a typical nerd that wanted to do an at home science project but don't want to spend lots of money on this coil. I would love to borrow/rent one if someone could help me. Otherwise if someone new a cheap supplier that i could get one off?
It looks like either of these pictures :)
Located in Brisbane, QLD, AUS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmh...oltz_coil,_Brookhaven_National_Laboratory.jpghttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmholtz_coil#/media/File:Helmholtz_coils.png
 
Physics news on Phys.org
WannabeSmart said:
Hi guys, I'm a typical nerd that wanted to do an at home science project but don't want to spend lots of money on this coil. I would love to borrow/rent one if someone could help me. Otherwise if someone new a cheap supplier that i could get one off?
It looks like either of these pictures :)
Located in Brisbane, QLD, AUS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmh...oltz_coil,_Brookhaven_National_Laboratory.jpghttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmholtz_coil#/media/File:Helmholtz_coils.png
They're not that hard to make... What field level do you need, and over how large a volume?