Is There a Deceptive Redirect on Wikipedia's Hague Invasion Act Page?

• News
  • Thread starter The Smoking Man
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Wikipedia
In summary: You are correct!In summary, Wikipedia was hijacked and the American Servicemembers' Protection Act was merged with the Hague Invasion Act.
The Smoking Man
Was Wikipedia Hijacked?

Check this yourself ...

I just attempted to go to the Hague Invasion Act following the link in Yahoo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hague_Invasion_Act

On this page, sombody had imbedded a re-direct to: American Servicemembers' Protection Act

Hmmm ...

It's all a Neocon plot, I tell you!

Physics news on Phys.org
Wikipedia is a freely edited website so it may be intentional.

HA! That's funny. Have you e-mailed their webmaster?
Recently some one started a smear campaign against someone on MySpace because they openly bashed America and American troops in Iraq. I thought that was pretty idiotic. Too many people only appreciate free speech when it suits them.

TheStatutoryApe said:
HA! That's funny. Have you e-mailed their webmaster?
Recently some one started a smear campaign against someone on MySpace because they openly bashed America and American troops in Iraq. I thought that was pretty idiotic. Too many people only appreciate free speech when it suits them.

They have us fighting one another already... first online, then... There are a few individuals here on PF that can understand why someone would do such a thing as misinform or sabotage... however there seems to be those who don't realize the point of this and unfortunately they are regarded as highly intelligent by many.

We should communicate without being right, especially when we are using artillery from ultimately unreliable resources. preaching to the converted i kwow :smile:

You needed to read a little more
The amendment is intended to weaken the position of the International Criminal Court in The Hague as it allows the US government to save US citizens from extradition to the ICC, and also authorizes "any necessary action", as Helms put it, "to free U.S. soldiers improperly handed over to that Court". This led opponents of the act to dub it The Hague Invasion Act.

If you look at the history it appears that the two have been merged for quite some time (at least since feburary).

Well, I don't know what the Hague Invasion Act is, but are you sure they're not the same thing?

The wiki article seems correct.
The first legislation adopted by the US Congress, in August 2002, is known as the American Servicemembers' Protection Act (ASPA). This legislation, known as the "Hague Invasion Act"
http://www.iccnow.org/documents/USandICC/ASPA.html

They were probably merged since creation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm ... I believe I have been duped ... You are all correct ...:redface:

Apparently Hague Invasion Act is a nickname of the US legislation where the US voted to opt out of the Geneva Conventions... (ie. refuses to allow US citizens to be tried in the world court)

D'ja think Bush might have been covering his own ass considering what happened to Tojo for leading a country to war on a pack of lies? :uhh:

1. What is Wikipedia Hijacking?

Wikipedia Hijacking refers to the unauthorized editing or manipulation of content on Wikipedia, the world's largest online encyclopedia. It can involve the addition of false or biased information, removal of accurate information, or the creation of new articles for the purpose of promoting a particular agenda.

2. How does Wikipedia prevent hijacking?

Wikipedia has several measures in place to prevent hijacking, such as requiring all edits to be reviewed by other users before being published, restricting certain pages from being edited by new or unregistered users, and using automated tools to detect and revert vandalism or biased edits.

3. What are some examples of Wikipedia Hijacking?

One notable example of Wikipedia Hijacking is the case of Philip Roth, a famous American author whose Wikipedia page was edited by his ex-wife to include false and derogatory information about him. Another example is the editing of the Wikipedia page for the 2014 Ukraine plane crash, which was edited multiple times to blame different countries for the tragedy without any evidence.

4. Can Wikipedia be trusted as a reliable source of information?

While Wikipedia has faced criticism for its vulnerability to hijacking and potential for bias, studies have shown that it is generally as accurate as traditional encyclopedias. However, it is always important to fact-check information from any source, including Wikipedia, before using it as a reliable source.

5. What should I do if I come across Wikipedia Hijacking?

If you come across any suspicious or biased edits on Wikipedia, you can report them to the Wikipedia community by clicking on the "Edit" button and selecting "Report a problem" from the drop-down menu. You can also reach out to Wikipedia administrators or use the "View history" tab to see previous versions of the page and revert any false or biased edits yourself.