Wat are the units of angular velocity of precession?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 14K views
karnten07
Messages
206
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


What are the units of angular velocity of precession? I've looked evrywhere and can't find out.


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



In my answer to a question, by putting units into the equation i think I am getting units as rad^-1 s^-1 but not sure if it should be rads per second.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
[tex]\boldsymbol\omega_p = \frac{Q}{I_s\boldsymbol\omega_s}[/tex]

In which [tex]I_s[/tex] is the moment of inertia, [tex]\boldsymbol\omega_s[/tex] is the angular velocity of spin about the spin axis, and [tex]Q[/tex] is the torque.

Moment of intertia is mass times distance squared.
Angular velocity is radians per second.
Torque is Newton-meters, or kilogram meters squared per second squared.
 
I get the same as you:

[tex]\frac{1}{rad\times s}[/tex]