What Do Scientists Think of This Video?

• Thread starter On Radioactive Waves
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Video
In summary, The conversation revolves around a video that claims to show a revolutionary process that can produce energy from water with 1700% greater efficiency than conventional electrolysis. However, experts in chemistry, physics, and engineering dismiss this as false due to basic thermodynamics and the fact that it goes against the laws of nature. The video is also deemed a hoax and the inventor, Stanley Meyer, has no formal qualifications in science. His claims have been ignored by the scientific community and the US government and NASA have no involvement with his concept. The conversation ends with a warning to not waste time on this perpetual motion crackpottery.
On Radioactive Waves
Hello everyone, long time no see :)

I hope this would be the correct forum to post in .. I haven't been here in a while so I don't know if this topic has already (probably surly has) been discussed.

What does the chemists, physicist or engineers think about his video?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3333992194168790800

Sorry if this is not the correct forum for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
"For 15 years, Meyer has been fighting to have his invention taken seriously".

Yep. That's because his invention is what I refer to as being "complete and utter bobbins".

"Meyer has no formal qualifications in science".

Sounds about right. Water is no more a fuel than exhaust fumes. It is a combustion product. Apparently hardly any current is consumed by Meyer's 'electrolysis' process. It doesn't say how much energy is consumed. Meyer claims his process releases several hundred times more energy than is inputted. "1700% greater efficiency than conventional electrolysis?" Hmm.

"Meyer's claims have been ignored by the global scientific majority". There's a very, very simple reason for this. The fact remains that you cannot use water itself as a fuel. To liberate hydrogen requires more energy than you'll get back during its use.

The video alludes to the US government and NASA being involved with Meyer's concept. There's no way they'd allow him to admit this if it were true, and if they were wanting to keep it under cover themselves. Indeed, if this was the case and he was working with such organisations, Meyer, as a lone "inventor" (I'm loathe to say engineer) would have no interest in supporting such hideous propoganda as this video.

Please, if you're interested in Meyer's claims, do some simple research into basic thermodynamics. You don't have to take my word for it to see for yourself that it's all utter cobblers.

As an aside, I had to giggle when I saw Meyer locking up his high security facility. The camera clearly shows his alarm system's security code...

Last edited:
(edit - I know now) This is a hoax. Plain and simple. He claims 'the arabs' offered him a billion dollars to sit on the idea. That's a load of crap. Anyway, brewnog covered all the bases and we don't discuss perpetual motion crackpottery here (12 year stale crackpottery, at that). It is a waste of our time and yours.

Last edited:

1. What is the purpose of this video?

The purpose of this video is to share information and knowledge about a specific topic or scientific concept. It may also aim to educate or entertain the audience.

2. Is the information in the video accurate and reliable?

As a scientist, I cannot make a judgment on the accuracy of a video without watching it and conducting further research on the topic. However, it is important to check the credibility and sources of information presented in the video.

3. How does this video contribute to the scientific community?

This video may contribute to the scientific community by presenting new research, discoveries, or ideas related to a specific topic. It may also spark further discussions and collaborations among scientists.

4. Can this video be used as a reliable source of information for research purposes?

As a scientist, I would recommend using peer-reviewed articles and reputable sources for research purposes rather than relying on videos as the sole source of information. However, this video may provide a good starting point for further investigation.

5. How can I evaluate the credibility of a scientific video?

To evaluate the credibility of a scientific video, you can check the qualifications and expertise of the creator, look for reliable sources and evidence to support the claims made in the video, and consider the objectivity and bias of the content. It is also important to cross-check the information with other sources.