Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Water car video

1. Jan 28, 2007 #1
    Hello everyone, long time no see :)

I hope this would be the correct forum to post in .. I haven't been here in a while so I don't know if this topic has already (probably surly has) been discussed.

What does the chemists, physicist or engineers think about his video?

Sorry if this is not the correct forum for this.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 28, 2007 #2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

"For 15 years, Meyer has been fighting to have his invention taken seriously".

Yep. That's because his invention is what I refer to as being "complete and utter bobbins".

"Meyer has no formal qualifications in science".

Sounds about right. Water is no more a fuel than exhaust fumes. It is a combustion product. Apparently hardly any current is consumed by Meyer's 'electrolysis' process. It doesn't say how much energy is consumed. Meyer claims his process releases several hundred times more energy than is inputted. "1700% greater efficiency than conventional electrolysis?" Hmm.

"Meyer's claims have been ignored by the global scientific majority". There's a very, very simple reason for this. The fact remains that you cannot use water itself as a fuel. To liberate hydrogen requires more energy than you'll get back during its use.

The video alludes to the US government and NASA being involved with Meyer's concept. There's no way they'd allow him to admit this if it were true, and if they were wanting to keep it under cover themselves. Indeed, if this was the case and he was working with such organisations, Meyer, as a lone "inventor" (I'm loathe to say engineer) would have no interest in supporting such hideous propoganda as this video.

Please, if you're interested in Meyer's claims, do some simple research into basic thermodynamics. You don't have to take my word for it to see for yourself that it's all utter cobblers.

As an aside, I had to giggle when I saw Meyer locking up his high security facility. The camera clearly shows his alarm system's security code...
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  4. Jan 28, 2007 #3

Staff: Mentor

(edit - I know now) This is a hoax. Plain and simple. He claims 'the arabs' offered him a billion dollars to sit on the idea. That's a load of crap. Anyway, brewnog covered all the bases and we don't discuss perpetual motion crackpottery here (12 year stale crackpottery, at that). It is a waste of our time and yours.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?